Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 4100 (Jene's Dress)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:1/28/08 11:22 AM
Last Updated:1/28/08 9:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 22 people

MadMenFanlinda said... (4/7/08 11:19 AM) Reply
I picked up this pattern today, in a thrift shop, as I really like the short sleeve view on the pattern envelope front. Looking at the instructions has left me baffled. I don't see any pieces for the short sleeve or any cutting lines on the long sleeved piece. Am I just supposed to guess here, or am I missing something? Any help would be most appreciated
Marji said... (1/31/08 12:00 PM) Reply
The dress is fabulous and you will be able to wear it for a long long time - it's so classic. I'm amazed to hear that P.S. patterns are so sketchy. I didn't know that.
janetbrooke82 said... (1/31/08 11:55 AM) Reply
Great dress.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/30/08 12:34 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful and we all appreciate the warnings about this pattern.
BettyMike said... (1/30/08 9:08 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress! It looks great on you. I love the lining and piping. Such a classic style. Glad you stuck with it!
Mufffet said... (1/29/08 9:21 PM) Reply
What a nice dress! Very pretty on you and looks so well done. :)
Rhonda in Montreal said... (1/29/08 5:41 PM) Reply
Really nice, Peggy!! And classic is so fun to wear, eh!! I can "see" scarves with it, too. Especially like that you paired your pants with a "duster"!! Yeah!!
Angelia74 said... (1/29/08 4:48 PM) Reply
Well the fit on this is great! And the style is timeless... can't go wrong with a classic red dress... I'm a D cup and have often wondered if I would get a better fit using a pattern with different pieces for cup sizing. After seeing this I'm going to try one! Thanks for the review
Englebert said... (1/29/08 12:14 PM) Reply
Your dress is great!!! Love it!!
Kris O said... (1/29/08 11:48 AM) Reply
Very well done, Peggy. It's lovely on you.
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/29/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Wow! What a fabulous dress - the piping really adds interest!
Sew_Creative said... (1/29/08 9:32 AM) Reply
Yeah!! you finished and what a finish it is! I am sure you will enjoy wearing this for a long time to come, I am thinking I need dresses like this it sounds like we are built a lot alike, anyway I also like the idea of wearing it with pants and a top. good job, Peggy I hope I can finish my dress for Cyndi ( my client wk's for MaryKay),Debbie
Linda E. said... (1/29/08 9:22 AM) Reply
beautiful dress You did great work on it. I love it.. It is lovely on you..
said... (1/29/08 8:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful. What a great review and dress. I love the piping. After you've recovered from its construction, I'm sure you'll love it. It looks great as a dress or as a jacket, too cool!!!
cindyann said... (1/29/08 8:20 AM) Reply
Wow! You look amazing in that dress. What a versatile addition to your wardrobe. I love your details and the silk print is perfect. Karla is right, it's going to sell some patterns. In fact.....let me go check that site one more time ;)
AnneMarie60 said... (1/29/08 8:17 AM) Reply
Peggy: So sorry for the trauma; however, the final results look fantastic. Your seams and piping are sewn perfectly. I suppose careful attention to detail can sometimes lead to frustration. The color looks great on you. I love the style.
Lori V said... (1/29/08 4:15 AM) Reply
Peggy, such a great dress on you. Very classic and the piping is wonderful.
Annette1 said... (1/29/08 0:25 AM) Reply
Peggy: I suspect you're drawn to this style because it looks so darn good on you! Your lining may have been more than the dress fabric -- ha! -- but just look how much it adds to the overall effect. It's PERFECT, especially since we get little glimpses of it via the piping. (Which reminds me, I could have sworn I ordered a bias strip maker, or whatever they're called, so WHERE IS IT?) This is so versatile, it's a dress and a jacket all in one. I would have never though to wear it as a jacket, but it's lovely. (By the way, I always wanted to be 5'3" when I was in school, so I wouldn't be taller than all the boys. :o) Beautiful dress!
Patti B said... (1/28/08 10:48 PM) Reply
Great looking dress. So glad it escaped being a wadder. I have this one in my stash but don't really need a dress -- using it as a duster is a nice idea.
marjenann said... (1/28/08 10:07 PM) Reply
Totally classy dress!! Perfection!
Karla Kizer said... (1/28/08 9:57 PM) Reply
Peggy, your version will sell some patterns. It looks great, and I'm glad you gritted your teeth and plugged away until it was done. It's a classic and once you recover, I'll bet you'll get years of use from it.
PegL said... (1/28/08 9:48 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful! Well worth all the effort. I'm betting that in two weeks you'll love it too!
Re Becca said... (1/28/08 9:33 PM) Reply
Very sharp! Your little fitting changes made for a VERY well fitted dress. And to think, you almost had a wadder, or *gasp* a UFO. I like it with the boots, and the patterend piping just makes the dress! Very good job.

More Knits