Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4539 (Cowl/Funnel neck tank)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:1/28/08 11:40 AM
Last Updated:12/13/10 10:45 AM
Kellie R. said... (3/7/09 5:03 PM) Reply
Lovely top. I'd have skipped right past this pattern, but now will definitely give it a closer look.
Meggie LuLu said... (3/6/09 9:14 PM) Reply
All of your tops are GORGEOUS!! I LOOOVE the fabrics you used for each one!!
Markie1 said... (3/6/09 6:46 PM) Reply
You are the ultimate recycler! I love all of the versions and you have made them each unique and interesting. Thanks for the great review. And props to the photographer and her door!
Sew4Fun said... (3/6/09 6:19 PM) Reply
I love this top on you! The photo itself is also an especially nice one of you.
AnitaJ said... (3/6/09 5:30 PM) Reply
Very flattering cowl neck top! I really like your sleeve treatment too!
cindy-lou said... (3/6/09 4:11 PM) Reply
LOVE the new version! I have a total crush on houndstooth right now. Even have some in pink. Hmmm. :)
JudiBee2 said... (3/6/09 1:22 PM) Reply
This is a great review with lots of terrific information, even a blog with lots of pictures. there was a lot of work put in to this, and I really appreciate it. I may have a similar pattern or this one. It does get so hot here, I don't know if I could take a cowl neck in the summer, but as a fall top with the sleeves, it makes a good basic, even for work or a date.
mrsbewley said... (3/6/09 11:09 AM) Reply
Smart looking top! You inspired me to go on a search for this pattern - I just ordered it from eCrafter. Can't wait to make it up!
crazygrad said... (3/6/09 10:10 AM) Reply
Very cute!
sewingstacy said... (3/6/09 9:30 AM) Reply
great top!
Annette1 said... (9/17/08 12:13 PM) Reply
Well, maybe if you make a couple more of these with the sleeves, then I can CONVERT you to REALLY wanted it to cool off NOW. :o) I love both the Baltimore AND the Paris version! (And, I might add, I love Cidell's door -- ha!) Your showing on your blog how you drafted the sleeve must be kismet, as I've just been mulling this over in the back of my mind as I contemplate a real cute pattern that Mahler pointed out to me, so thanks!
Vonnevo said... (9/16/08 7:04 PM) Reply
Fabulous nicegirl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bernadette W said... (9/16/08 6:23 PM) Reply
The door should accompany you on dates when you wear this groovy top! Or take a Pantone color deck with you to Cidell's and then go purse shopping...
HLT said... (9/16/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Cute fabric & great sleeve addition! Nice top for fall!
kim*brown said... (9/16/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Both and very cute and great fabric!
Karendee said... (9/16/08 1:37 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you-coloring and style. Congratulation on drafting a fall version.
Karen6790 said... (9/16/08 1:17 PM) Reply
You and the door look fabulous together! I like this version of your top even better.
sewtime said... (9/16/08 12:32 PM) Reply
Pretty top, looks great on you! Love the material.
CharityAK said... (9/16/08 11:48 AM) Reply
Very nice. Love the print choices.
Catbird said... (9/16/08 11:20 AM) Reply
This top is sensational on you! I love the shot with Cidell's yellow door. Your sleeve draft looks perfect and I'm going to try your method with a pattern that I want to add sleeves to. Thank you!
Mary Stiefer said... (9/16/08 11:19 AM) Reply
Another pretty top. I love your style.
Seaspur said... (9/16/08 10:06 AM) Reply
Love the version with the sleeves!
Heatherrique said... (1/31/08 1:18 AM) Reply
Very attractive top!
MissCelie said... (1/29/08 1:00 PM) Reply
The finished look is really nice. I love the cowl neckline.
Lucy in Virginia said... (1/29/08 12:45 PM) Reply
Very nice.
Nancywin said... (1/28/08 7:33 PM) Reply
nice top. The fabric is really pretty.
Marji said... (1/28/08 5:08 PM) Reply
looks great! My favorite line in the whole review is "it took 2 1/2 years and 30 minutes to finish this". Isn't that just the truth sometimes. Congrats for pulling it out and spending the 30minutes.
Sigrid. said... (1/28/08 4:48 PM) Reply
Cute, the collar is wonderful.
Huldra said... (1/28/08 4:40 PM) Reply
Very nice top, looks great with your skirt!
Birgitte said... (1/28/08 3:04 PM) Reply
I love this!! You look so good in that whole outfit! The cowl neck is just beautiful and adds so much to the look! 2 1/2 years and 30 minutes is a small price to pay :-) Congrats!
Deb Thompson said... (1/28/08 2:44 PM) Reply
Really pretty! Great outfit with the skirt!! I really like the material and it fits you so well! congrats on finishing this UFO!!
cindy-lou said... (1/28/08 1:52 PM) Reply
Super top! I hope my 'someday cowlneck' (pattern and fabric in stash) can look this good!
squirrellypoo said... (1/28/08 12:40 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous! I love wearing cowl necks but I find it difficult to get the amount and depth of cowl juuuuust right. Yours seems to have hit it right on the mark so I'm saddened it's out of print!
slanden99 said... (1/28/08 11:48 AM) Reply
Very pretty top!

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2012-134

by: liliv

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)