Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2374 (Misses Bra)

Reviewed by:li'l miss muffett

About li'l miss muffettstar
KS USA
Member since: 1/25/07
Posted on:1/30/08 12:36 PM
Last Updated:1/30/08 1:30 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie
ev35 said... (1/9/14 12:26 PM) Reply
Could this be easily adapted to insert underwires? Gosh, I'm a DDD and I need the added support of underwires.
katie lynne said... (8/12/09 2:29 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for writing this review! I have much the same physique that you do and you've given me such great insight that now I can't wait to try making my own bra. It would be so great to wear a bra that actually fits ME. You did an absolutely beautiful job making this bra. BRA-VO! (pardon my pun)
li'l miss muffett said... (3/19/09 10:21 AM) Reply
chango: I have also made Kwik Sew 3594 for my daughter and it is a similar style for smaller women. It comes in sizes 32AA-40DDD so that is probably the pattern you want. Since writung this review I've made several more bras from a few different companies and just love it! The hardest part about sewing bras, IMHO, is finding the notions. They can easily be found online though! Best wishes to you!
chango said... (3/18/09 3:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I'm thinking about trying to make my own bra, because when I buy bras, I wear a size 38 DD, the cup are either always too big or too small. I'm a beginner in sewing and I never thought I would even think of trying to make my own bras, but after reading some reviews, I have changed my mind. Since my first success in sewing was with a Kwik sew pattern, I will try this one for bras... Is this pattern only for size 42 and up, is there one for 38? Thanks again for your review, your bra looks great!
purefairydust said... (3/17/09 9:46 AM) Reply
I just bought the pattern and think yours looks great. Now I can't wait to shop for the fabric. Thank for the great review.
woole bully said... (5/19/08 5:31 PM) Reply
i am in the process of starting to make my first bra. this review was very helpful
li'l miss muffett said... (1/31/08 11:11 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone! I'll definitely try the woven fabric instead.
Sigrid. said... (1/30/08 3:20 PM) Reply
Great result for your first bra!
moss said... (1/30/08 3:14 PM) Reply
AWESOME! That is really cool, good for you!!
fuzzygalore said... (1/30/08 2:32 PM) Reply
I second the suggestion to use a non-stretch woven in the cup instead of interfacing. Only maybe B cups should be using stretch fabric there :-). You've lucky to have a good fit on your first time, keep it up!
sewing for fun said... (1/30/08 1:31 PM) Reply
Suggestion- I had good success with bras using woven cotton, cut so the bias line goes in the direction of greatest stretch on the pattern. Used quilting cottons & a nice pima printed cotton. Will definitely alter fit a lot, though, but improves support a great deal.

by: sewing gen...