Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8369 (Claire Shaeffer Couture Collec)

Reviewed by:Marji

About Marjistarstarstarstar
MO USA
Member since: 9/19/06
Posted on:1/31/08 11:46 AM
Last Updated:8/25/08 4:53 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Annette1 said... (8/27/08 2:52 AM) Reply
Oh man, I could barely wait to get the stinkin' mouse clicked so I could get in here and read this review! I knew EXACTLY what pattern this was, even from just the thumbnail. I love your reviews ANYWAY, and this one is just SPECTACULAR! I so admire your workmanship, not to mention P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E. :o) This is BEAUTIFUL.
cecelia said... (8/25/08 3:47 PM) Reply
You can tell this was truly a labor of love--your very lucky sister to have you make her such a beautiful jacket! Thanks for a wonderful review.
Karen6790 said... (8/25/08 1:24 PM) Reply
Thank you for the amazingly thorough review, and the reminder that the end result is worth all the effort you put into it. What a beautiful jacket, and what a lucky sister.
Luckylibbet said... (8/25/08 12:47 PM) Reply
Tremendously helpful review - and one of the most gorgeous jackets I've ever seen! Your sister is really lucky - sure hope she gives you a big thank you!
joan said... (8/25/08 10:41 AM) Reply
Marji, you have done it again. Absolutely beautiful. I will remember your technique for lining up those pesky loops and I agree with you about the front extension. I have encountered that same thing on another pattern and I thought the same thing as you. Your sis is one fortunate lass.
cindyann said... (8/25/08 8:21 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket, Marji! Very nicely done. Your sister will be so pleased. Thank you for the excellent review.
dbsewer said... (8/25/08 7:46 AM) Reply
Great jacket, Marji. Your sister is so lucky to have you sew for her. You did a beautiful job and I adore that fabric. Thanks for an excellent detailed review of its construction.
Lori V said... (8/25/08 7:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and thanks for such a complete and helpful review.
Sigrid. said... (8/25/08 6:51 AM) Reply
Outstanding jacket and review. It's beautiful and I love all the detail pictures and descriptions of how you did this. It will help me someday for sure. Thank you!
Peggy L said... (8/25/08 6:01 AM) Reply
Quite a sewing adventure! It turned out beautifully.
Elona said... (8/25/08 0:02 AM) Reply
What a lovely creation, Marji! Thanks for posting the intricate steps in this adventure in such detail. That's one well-favored sister.
sewtime said... (8/24/08 11:58 PM) Reply
Fantastic looking jacket and fit! Worth all the effort. Thank you for taking us through the process!
EveS said... (8/24/08 11:29 PM) Reply
Wow, what a beautiful jacket!! And what a mind-boggling amount of work (and love) that went into this! You are a sewing goddess, without question! :)
Birgitte said... (8/24/08 11:05 PM) Reply
Wow, you really did it! The jacket is gorgeous.
carolynw said... (8/24/08 10:50 PM) Reply
A wonderful looking jacket - all your hard work and expertise shows through - bravo Marji for such an outstanding job
Heatherrique said... (8/24/08 10:38 PM) Reply
Wow! Exquisitely beautiful jacket. Thanks so much for sharing your detailed sewing journey. What a lucky sister! She will treasure your gift of labor and love.
DaisyEsq said... (8/24/08 10:21 PM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful. I'm sure your sister will be very pleased.
Nancy K said... (2/28/08 5:45 PM) Reply
Very cool Marji. Considering the long distance the muslins finally fit really well.
warmweathergirl said... (2/26/08 12:06 PM) Reply
I think that this jacket will look great with the boucle although it looks like a challenging fabric.
WJean said... (2/5/08 4:46 PM) Reply
Marji, Your teaching lessons contained in the muslin section of this post are by far better and more easily understood than any I've ever read about. Most say, just make a muslin...duh?? None-the-less, the construction techniques for this pattern is one that I requested from Pattern Review, and you can believe that I will be following along until completion. Also, your depictions of the planned SWAP are great. They too are the first time I've seen such a layout. The planning including the fabric and what's been made along the way are truly inspirational. I look forward to more, more, more...:-}
lilyofthevalley said... (2/5/08 10:40 AM) Reply
I'm so impressed that you can fit your sister in absentia. The jacket is going to be extraordinary. I believe I bought the same boucle plaid in green/orange tones and if so, it is luxurious; your sister will be awed. Very, very loving sister you are. -Lily
marjenann said... (2/3/08 10:34 AM) Reply
Wow, Marji! I am sooo impressed with your persistence and sewing skills! That boucle is going to be one smashing jacket!!
xtreme1 said... (2/2/08 9:55 PM) Reply
Looking forward to the next instalment. Muslin/s are SO worthwhile.
Leora said... (2/2/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Wow! You are so talented (and patient to sew long distance) Thank you for showing your progress so far.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/2/08 4:17 PM) Reply
Very helpful! I love the boucle fabric.
Karine said... (2/1/08 3:23 PM) Reply
How fun to watch this project progress! Can you even imagine trying to do a jacket like this remotely without technology??? Your fitting descriptions are so instructive - thank you! Will the excess on the shoulders be taken up by the shoulder pad and the seam when the sleeve is attached? I bought this pattern some time ago - I absolutely love it. Will be very interested to see next steps as they unfold!
Birgitte said... (1/31/08 8:20 PM) Reply
Marji this is so fascinating! I'll continue to watch as the jacket progresses, thanks for such clear pictures and description of the fitting.
Annie- oh said... (1/31/08 12:11 PM) Reply
Oh, yes, Marji, this will be worth every minute! (Gosh, said by someone not doing it, just tres, tres impressed.)

More Knits