Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8390 (Very Easy Misses Top)

Reviewed by:Marji

About Marjistarstarstarstar
MO USA
Member since: 9/19/06
Posted on:1/31/08 8:21 PM
Last Updated:1/31/08 8:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people

CherylStillSews said... (2/9/08 4:05 AM) Reply
Another thanks for the heads up - will also be avoiding this one. Great save and well done with the matching.
Kellie R. said... (2/2/08 8:43 AM) Reply
Great top! Your sister sure is lucky getting so many of your garments. Thanks for the heads up on bust size.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/1/08 7:47 PM) Reply
I've been watching all the "lovelies" you've made for/or sent to your sister. She's probably aware of the love and effort that you put into these creations. Your matching skills are unparalleled, and your sister affection to be envied. -Lily
Birgitte said... (2/1/08 7:02 PM) Reply
Your sis is one lucky lady! Yes, you are indeed doing a great job at sewing for someone FAR away- and I thought I had it hard fitting the person a few a feet away in the mirror!!!
Sew4Fun said... (2/1/08 5:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up. This pattern was on my list of patterns to sew, but I've crossed it off now. I haven't got time for poorly drafted patterns. Great matching of the pattern across the front wrap too. That isn't easy to do!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/1/08 4:26 PM) Reply
Another wonderful top for your sister Marji. I am glad she loves it....sewing for someone else and also far away is tough, you are doing a super job !
cecelia said... (2/1/08 3:35 PM) Reply
Nice save for sis!
Medeiros said... (2/1/08 2:42 PM) Reply
Love the top. The fabric is exactly the same as a top I purchased at Macy's recently.
bell N said... (2/1/08 8:39 AM) Reply
Like your sister, I am somewhat large on top. I always assumed wrap tops, like most empire tops, are just not for me. I'll have to give this one another look.
Mary Stiefer said... (2/1/08 0:39 AM) Reply
Glad your DS likes it.
Nancywin said... (2/1/08 0:39 AM) Reply
What a great sister you are, Marji. This top looks fabulous. Your hard work paid off and your sister is going to have such a fantastic wardrobe.
sewbehind said... (1/31/08 11:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up on this pattern. At least you made a great looking top for your sister.
Sharon M said... (1/31/08 10:52 PM) Reply
Interesting...I have this pattern but haven't sewn it yet. I'm glad you did such a thorough review...I guess for once I can forget about an FBA. The match on the fabric is incredible - I don't always take the time to be so exact, but I can see that it sure pays off. I'm glad you were able to salvage it for your sister.
Marji said... (1/31/08 9:05 PM) Reply
Puppy, in the top photo of the composite and the photo that I entered as the icon photo she wears her phone on her hip, and the phone is hiking up the side of the top. When she takes the phone off, this is how the hem actually lies.
Puppy said... (1/31/08 8:48 PM) Reply
So, in the bottom picture of the "composite" photo...the bottom of the top looks very different in that bottom photo than the bottom of the top looks in the upper left of the composite group. Is that because....well, what is it due to? The bottom of the bottom photo has such cute lines. (Sorry about all the tops of bottoms and confusing wording....whatcha gonna do!?

by: LM2HYD