Pattern Reviews> Country in the city> Swing Jacket (Swing Jacket)

Reviewed by:Kalena

About Kalenastar
NY USA
Member since: 9/11/04
Posted on:1/31/08 9:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
selvage said... (4/4/08 2:02 AM) Reply
Wow--stunning jacket! How did you do the chenille? Are instructions included in the pattern? Your selection of fabrics is amazing. The combination is so elegant and creative.
moss said... (2/4/08 11:47 AM) Reply
that is totally gorgeous! I hope you enjoy wearing it!
Shrazzy said... (2/2/08 7:09 AM) Reply
What a great jacket, with wonderful attention to detail. The chenille is fantastic!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/1/08 7:36 PM) Reply
The thumbnail sketch does not do justice to your creation. When I clicked on the full size photo, it took my breath away for a moment. Chenille making, fabric coordination, and a great eye for color and shape. Sky's the limit for you. -Lily
MarthaH said... (2/1/08 5:26 PM) Reply
Very nice indeed!
j222b said... (2/1/08 4:34 PM) Reply
Work of art!!
cecelia said... (2/1/08 3:41 PM) Reply
What a terrific pairing of different fabrics--I love it and can't believe it's "tie" fabric!
moushka said... (2/1/08 3:25 PM) Reply
You have a fabulous eye for fabric/pattern combinations. Great looking jacket. You definitely rate an 'Intermediate' level designation. Sue
patsijean said... (2/1/08 2:23 PM) Reply
I really like your jacket. So much so, I added it to my wish list.
NoraNora said... (2/1/08 11:20 AM) Reply
What a wonderful story...it actually brought tears to my eyes. And what a truly special jacket (as well as being beautiful!) I'm so glad you finished it!
Diane Tucker said... (2/1/08 11:16 AM) Reply
Suggestion for you before you make an new tie for your special DH : Go buy a cheap tie at the second hand shop, and tear it apart and use the stiffner/ interfacing pieces for your special, new tie. No interfacing decisions to make, so you know the new one will look as good as RTW. Diane
Kalena said... (2/1/08 9:14 AM) Reply
Yes, this pattern company does have a website, with quite a variety of patterns, and buttons, too. I like the look of their new "Flap Jacket". http://www.countryinthecity.net/
Betsybobbin said... (2/1/08 9:12 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket! It makes me smile to look at it! You are at least an intermediate Kalena!!
TrixieD said... (2/1/08 8:53 AM) Reply
Such beautiful work. I just love the fabric combinations and the harmony.
marjenann said... (2/1/08 7:53 AM) Reply
OMG!! I love your jacket, it is absolutely dreamy!!! It really looks like a style I have seen in chic boutiques!!! Perfection!
Nancywin said... (2/1/08 0:28 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I am not familiar with this pattern company. Do they have a website?
PegL said... (1/31/08 11:58 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! Nice review!
Markie1 said... (1/31/08 9:59 PM) Reply
You made your own chenille! I didn't even know you could make your own chenille! This is a beautiful piece, with a lovely family history. What sweet husband you have. Great jacket, too.
maidathome said... (1/31/08 9:46 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous. Great job.

You Sew Girl Fedora Pattern