Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8488 (Trousers/pants)

Reviewed by:Sara The Slayer

About Sara The Slayerstar
ISRAEL
Member since: 11/22/07
Posted on:2/2/08 6:19 AM
Last Updated:2/2/08 6:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Heather C-R said... (2/28/08 3:08 AM) Reply
Really great job on the pants and the review! I just bought a pair that are very similar (without the bib) made with 5% spandex in the cotton fabric. I loved the fit so I copied the pants using linen fabric without the stretch, HUGE difference in fit! If you can find it, try stretch khaki, my second (3rd?) pair came out fantastic! Good Luck!
Sara The Slayer said... (2/7/08 0:42 AM) Reply
I thought about that - taking in the back darts just a bit more to tighten the waist down. I really should fix that...but I put in the stupid facing already so I'd have to redo...and I'm nothing if not lazy.
Grammy Gin said... (2/4/08 10:08 AM) Reply
Very flattering!! Lucky you to have a pair of great fitting pants! ;-)
Annette1 said... (2/3/08 0:38 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great looking pair of pants! You look maaaaaaaaavelous! I know what you mean about something feeling too big in the waist (one of my pet peeves), but they LOOK really nice. You might even be able to take them in slightly at the waist there at those front seams, or even add a couple of little darts. I, for one, have finagled a few nontraditional "fixes" at the waist in such a manner, and nobody's the wiser, so long as you don't confess. I love these! And, surprise, surprise, I even have this pattern. :o) Very inspiring review!
CynthiaSue said... (2/2/08 3:07 PM) Reply
cuteness girl!
ocotillo said... (2/2/08 12:25 PM) Reply
Very flattering pants, and they look like they fit you well! I really like the seam down the front of the leg, and I agree that in future versions it would be interesting to play around with details on that, like maybe some topstitching on both sides of the seam.
Markie1 said... (2/2/08 12:14 PM) Reply
Sara- in my opinion, if you can make pants like that, you are not beginner! Well done.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/2/08 10:56 AM) Reply
The two-piece front leg is really eye-catching. Even if you don't feel like re-doing the waist (as long as they don't fall down), the pants look really great on you, and your work on the butt curve really paid off. Really attractive. -Lily
Sara The Slayer said... (2/2/08 10:16 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the encouragement, especially with my less than perfect photography. CShelley - really measure your inseam, and take off as much as you need. I couldn't BELIEVE how much I had to take off...but you do. I looked at the pictures again! I really need to IRON. Also, I am NOT a teeny tiny little thing - I have quite the womanly rolls/curves - which should show that these pants are much more flattering than you would think. The flat front with vertical seams works well for that. And they are not too high nor too low of a waistline.
Vintage Joan said... (2/2/08 9:24 AM) Reply
This style is great on you -- great job on your first pair of woven pants. :)
carolynw said... (2/2/08 9:02 AM) Reply
They look really nice on you
CShelley said... (2/2/08 8:39 AM) Reply
I really like these on you - the fit looks great. I looked at this pattern but passed it up because I'm short and I didn't think I could pull it off but you disproved that idea.
Jatman said... (2/2/08 7:28 AM) Reply
Really nice fit on the pants. I have this pattern - I may have to make them now. Thank you for the inspiration!
Sara The Slayer said... (2/2/08 6:25 AM) Reply