Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6843 (Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:molander

About molander
MS USA
Member since: 5/23/06
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:2/3/08 4:24 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

See other patterns in this category: Skirts
molander said... (2/4/08 2:47 PM) Reply
Christine... in my ignorance, I never thought about the waist stretching out but it didn't happen! Those skirts have been worn, washed and loved for 2 seasons now! Thanks for the heads-up if I choose another fabric. And yes, Fabricgurl... those are just 100% cotton prints from the quilting section! I only need a yard so these are simple, cool and cheap!! I feel like I can get away with the busy patterns because I wear solid tops with them.
EleanorSews said... (2/4/08 11:31 AM) Reply
This skirt pattern keeps popping up -- Thanks for another good review. Your waist treatment was something to consider which is why it is so helpful to read pattern reviews! Nice slection of skirts. You certainly don't need to worry what the answer is if you were to ask "how do I look?" Just wonderful!!!
Fabricgurl said... (2/4/08 9:57 AM) Reply
I love all of your skirts also. Are you using calico prints? They would be so cute for the spring and summer I really like that option. Great job.
ChristineBR said... (2/4/08 8:45 AM) Reply
I wanted to do this fold over thing lately but was afraid the top wouldn't be stable enough so I cut a piece of silk organza, folded in half like a quilt binding and then sewed it on. Then I turned the top. I am more confident it will stay and not stretch AND the top edge looks more finished. If yours does happen to stretch out, try this little extra step.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/3/08 6:27 PM) Reply
All of your skirts are wonderful, and I love your fabric picks. Excellent wardrobe builders for that 'pulled together' look. (I couldn't live w/o Wonder Tape, either). -Lily

Decades of Style 3009