Pattern Reviews> Lazy Girl Designs> bb (Bold Bags Book)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:2/5/08 1:29 PM
Last Updated:2/5/08 1:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
HeyJane said... (2/10/08 8:28 AM) Reply
That looks VERY 'expensive boutique'. Thanks for the info and adding to my bag addiction because I MUST check out moc croc and Bold Bags!
Karla Kizer said... (2/9/08 5:14 PM) Reply
I don't really love making bags, but this one could force me into it. I love it!
croglodyte said... (2/9/08 4:26 PM) Reply
Deepika - I am SO impressed with this! Wonderful job!!!
CynthiaSue said... (2/6/08 5:38 PM) Reply
WHAT? you MADE this?? I would pay$$$ for this in a store. This color is fab!! Thank you for introducing me to bags that don't have to be sewn with fabric!
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/6/08 11:38 AM) Reply
Love your color combo and that bag just couldn't be any better!! Love the charm.
Mufffet said... (2/6/08 11:37 AM) Reply
Looks "store bought!" Love the color!
Hilary said... (2/6/08 9:57 AM) Reply
That is adorable!! What a great design, I love the coffee cup style :o) only I'd make it a cocoa cup since I don't drink coffee, lol. Great job! Oh and that is such a cute charm Annika made!
SouthernStitch said... (2/6/08 8:44 AM) Reply
Oh this is just the coolest! Love the moc crock. So professional!!
marjenann said... (2/6/08 8:09 AM) Reply
Now how sharp is that bag??? I may have to have one of my very own!!
cindyann said... (2/6/08 8:01 AM) Reply
What a cute bag! Just love that color.
Debbie Cook said... (2/6/08 0:17 AM) Reply
Deepika, this looks so professional! Love the unique style.
Kim Winson said... (2/5/08 10:26 PM) Reply
Wonderful! Amazing! Stylish! Cool! Love the bag!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/5/08 5:55 PM) Reply
Your bag is beautiful; the leather choice results in a Cup of Green Tea, and happens to be my favourite color. It is both charming and a bit sophisticated. I'm quite envious. -Lily
ConnieBJ said... (2/5/08 5:13 PM) Reply
Love the purse Deepika!! I am looking for red leather (or faux) and will try that from Joanns - and I see they now ship to Canada!
Deepika said... (2/5/08 4:19 PM) Reply
Leslie The edges are all raw. Its sewn wrong sides together. The book suggests using acrylic paints to "seal" the edges, which I am going to try. Rebecca, I actually used my old Kenmore to sew this bag as my Janome is in the shop. All you need is a teflon foot and a leather needle. Read my tips on sewing with leather. Always do a test first on your sewing machine to see if it'll sew it but my guess, you'll be fine. Rhonda Yes actually I do carry it sideways, but I dont mind. The zipper is pretty secure. And the pull is towards the handle is I know it's closed. Hope this makes sense.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/5/08 3:54 PM) Reply
CUTE, Deepika! Do you carry your purse so that the zippered part is showing in front--for security reasons?
Re Becca said... (2/5/08 3:24 PM) Reply
Did you need a heavy duty machine to sew this? It looks very cute, I love the color
Leslie in Austin said... (2/5/08 3:20 PM) Reply
CUTE!! Deepika, are the edges raw? That is, are the seam allowances innies or outies? ;-)
Joan Hawley said... (2/5/08 3:05 PM) Reply
Hi Deepika, Your Cup of Coffee bag is fabulous! I love it in the green/black combination. And the charm is a perfect addition. Great job! Joan, Lazy Girl
LindsayT said... (2/5/08 1:56 PM) Reply
Um, you made this?! Wow, I am so impressed. It is so cute and trendy (trendy in a good way, that is).

StyleArc Tamara Knit Top