Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4665 (Princess seam coat)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:2/5/08 3:37 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
MelissaB in WA said... (6/7/08 8:32 PM) Reply
What a cute coat! I was eyeing this pattern but wanted to check for reviews before purchasing. I love the classic lines a lot.
nicegirl said... (2/8/08 10:49 AM) Reply
Thank you for the compliments, everyone! This shade of teal is probably my favorite color to wear.
squirrellypoo said... (2/7/08 6:20 AM) Reply
Great tip about reinforcing the pocket bag, I've got to remember that! It looks really nice and warm, too. :)
Sigrid. said... (2/7/08 2:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful, another great addition to your coats. That color is wonderful for you.
Annette1 said... (2/6/08 6:26 PM) Reply
Throw-away project? No way! Not with that teal fabric, and you looking so good in it. :o) I especially like your pockets, and learned something with the tip about adding the selvege strips for stability. I think pockets like that just FEEL so much more natural when you're using them, as opposed to patch or side-seam pockets. (Same reason I like welt pockets on pants instead of side-seam pockets.) Beautiful coat!
cecelia said... (2/6/08 12:11 PM) Reply
I love it, and the lining is so unexpected. Good point about easing corduroy in the sleeve--thanks, since I'm about to do that.
Soliel said... (2/6/08 11:56 AM) Reply
I always like your reviews because for one thing, you take pictures of you wearing the item and we can see the item clearly. Also, you have a good sense of fabric and style.
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/6/08 11:33 AM) Reply
What a great coat - you always do the most stylish things!
Amy J said... (2/6/08 8:56 AM) Reply
your coat is darling...and thank you for the review. I think I have this pattern.
marjenann said... (2/6/08 8:03 AM) Reply
Fun and fabulous!! What a great coat!
cindyann said... (2/6/08 7:53 AM) Reply
Great coat. Lovely color! The fun fleece is a really inspired addition.
cindy-lou said... (2/6/08 7:42 AM) Reply
TOTALLY love the lining! You're helping me get over my fear of jackets-- and I'm bookmarking your reviews to use the tips later. :)
Jodi B. said... (2/5/08 9:10 PM) Reply
Cute coat! I like the color on you a lot.
Nancywin said... (2/5/08 8:34 PM) Reply
Another winner. I guess you'll be stylin around town as the best-coated woman these days!
didda said... (2/5/08 8:06 PM) Reply
very nice coat. that is such a pretty color on you.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/5/08 5:43 PM) Reply
First of all, what a great tip to reinforce with strong selvages any in-seam pockets that will receive a lot of use. It's a really good shade of green for your coloring, and your lining is exciting. The shape is flattering, too. -Lily
Vintage Joan said... (2/5/08 5:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review on your cozy and upbeat coat! Great idea, lining corduroy with fleece.
Athene said... (2/5/08 5:01 PM) Reply
Very nice and cosy coat. The color is so great on you.
Karen6790 said... (2/5/08 4:51 PM) Reply
Great coat. I like the potential for different fabrics with this, and of course, I like your very "different" lining.
michellep74 said... (2/5/08 4:51 PM) Reply
Cute coat. I love the lining!
frame said... (2/5/08 4:36 PM) Reply
What a fun surprise your lining is! Cute coat.
LorelleD said... (2/5/08 4:30 PM) Reply
Your coat looks very warm and comfortable. I like the colour of the coat and the lining.

by: SusanPartl...