Mood Fabrics

Posted on:5/2/03 5:20 PM
Last Updated:5/21/05 4:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Big Dog said... (3/22/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Oh-My-God, gorgeous top Leslie. That fabric is just perfect for the pattern. I love the technique for finishing the edges.
spudd said... (1/29/07 1:26 PM) Reply
this pattern is what i had been looking for because I needed a top that lends itself to almost any patterned fabric. thanks. I live your tunic you did a great job.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/22/05 6:26 PM) Reply
Just fantastic! Both tops are wonderful on you!!
Maychi said... (5/22/05 11:37 AM) Reply
You look fabulous Leslie! Both of the tops are gorgeous.
Katharine in BXL said... (5/22/05 9:48 AM) Reply
Nice brown! Was it perfect for the party?
CarolynGM said... (5/21/05 4:52 PM) Reply
The organdy top is fabulous -- just perfect for this pattern. And your new coverup will be perfect for the pool party
alicia said... (5/21/05 4:40 PM) Reply
I love both versions... and have to admit I'm a bit jealous at the thought of a pool party - black fly season is just in full swing in the Adirondacks and we may hit 60F today... Great review, thanks for the detailed info!
Hilary said... (5/21/05 4:26 PM) Reply
Cute, Leslile! I *love* this pattern! I've been meaning to make it up in a ss version with some burnt orange gauze I have(I hope I have enough). Have fun at the pool party-sounds so cool and refreshing, in this hot, still weather!
cynthia w said... (6/18/04 9:32 PM) Reply
this shirt is straight out what i see in the j.jill catalogue. so feminine and lovely.
Shoiley said... (6/22/03 9:17 PM) Reply
I am almost done View A of this top. I am very inexperienced, so I don't know what is meant by the last instruction of "overcast bottom edge of top." Do I fold the bottom under 1/8" and overcast? And then I'm supposed to fold a 3/8" hem, press, pin, stitch; but there is a lot of curve, so how can I do this without creases? Thanks...
Rhonda Noah said... (5/7/03 6:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! You have a wonderful eye for fabric. And why not curtain fabric for a top? I once met a HS girl in a Hancock's who was enthusing about the home dec silks she had used to sew her prom dress!
SouthernStitch said... (5/4/03 12:13 PM) Reply
Leslie, see how much this site helps us all! Now I will consider fabric like this instead of passing it by. Thanks for the review.
Jules/Vancouver BC said... (5/4/03 4:40 AM) Reply
very cool, Leslie...that looks wonderful! I'm dying to try something chiffony or voile-y to try out french seams myself, but I haven't found the right pattern yet - if only this one came in plus sizes! *grin*
Debbie Spriggs said... (5/4/03 0:41 AM) Reply
Your top looks so much more attractive than the pattern envelope! Very pretty, and perfect for summer! It looks to me like you might be moving quickly past being a beginner.
Dale C said... (5/3/03 9:27 PM) Reply
Lovely top! That sheer over the white cami is a nice look!
Deepika said... (5/3/03 9:15 PM) Reply
I can't tell you how great your top looks! I agree with others, the photo on the envelope is not inspring at all. Your top is smashing... French seams are not too time consuming?
Carol Wisman said... (5/3/03 3:01 PM) Reply
Great job Leslie, don't you just love that "curtain" fabric w/ all the great details, very professional job!
alex said... (5/3/03 2:52 PM) Reply
Beatiful top Leslie, you have a real knack with fabric choices. Too bad it's too late for the Spring outfit contest, it would have made a great entry!
Leslie in Austin said... (5/3/03 12:48 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the nice notes. I'm so pleased with how the blouse turned out. As a beginner, I'm especially proud of the beautiful, perfect french seams. Not a raw edge anywhere. I'm tempted to wear it inside out just to show them off! As for its "designer look"--it's more like an "interior designer" look, as I'm certain that home decor fabric was intended for curtains. ;-)
Lori V said... (5/3/03 0:43 AM) Reply
Leslie, beautiful top, I love the fabric
Everyday Sewist said... (5/3/03 0:22 AM) Reply
What a great fabric choice! It has that "designer" look.
katharin said... (5/3/03 0:12 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review, your top looks really professionally made.
Sherril Miller said... (5/2/03 9:57 PM) Reply
Great top. I have just the fabric for this pattern. Thanks for the idea.
Cheryl Colehour said... (5/2/03 9:11 PM) Reply
I would never have bought this pattern from the envelope drawing, but yours looks fabulous.
Karen Bowers said... (5/2/03 8:47 PM) Reply
thx for the review; i'll put it on my wishlist!!
Lisa Laree said... (5/2/03 7:15 PM) Reply
Very nice! I may just have to get this one...;)
Gigi Louis said... (5/2/03 6:26 PM) Reply
Wow, Leslie, your top is just gorgeous! What a great combination of pattern and fabric.

The Technique of Underlining Garments