Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4343 (Lined Dress)

Reviewed by:LauraByrnes

About LauraByrnes
Member since: 1/29/06
Posted on:2/6/08 8:40 PM
Last Updated:2/6/08 9:01 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

RadarRadiance said... (11/16/11 11:34 AM) Reply
Very pretty, I have to agree with you on the instructions. Just made one and I thought they were some of the worse instructions I've seen in a pattern. You did an amazing job, because of the instructions it doesn't go together that easy... :-) I have to say, love the fit after it is done!
Matilda M said... (11/2/10 8:10 PM) Reply
Lovely! I use the 3 second, 3 feet rule for my little mistakes: if you can't see it from 3 feet withing 3 seconds, it doesn't count as a problem. Pattern companies are fast and loose with that "fast and easy" label! I've found anything that is described as "fitted" and anything that is lined and anything that is in tricky fabric is NOT fast and easy!
nancy2001 said... (2/7/08 3:31 PM) Reply
Beautifully simple and elegant.
LauraByrnes said... (2/7/08 2:08 PM) Reply
Thanks so much!!! And Lily, thank you for these tips...I'll definitely keep these mind, when I make this dress again. And I WILL make this dress again!
squilts said... (2/7/08 12:42 PM) Reply
Very classy. I am sure you will try this pattern again...each time it will get easier!
avancleve said... (2/7/08 10:19 AM) Reply
It is a very elegant dress. I know how how it feels to have to rush making something. I always have troubles with even simple garments when I have to make them quickly. It looks great.
Lori V said... (2/6/08 11:07 PM) Reply
Very pretty, a perfect New Year's Eve dress.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/6/08 9:39 PM) Reply
Your dress is very chic and perfect for a singing performance. A quick nod to some of your problems: hand sewn lining around the arm area is very desirable and upscale and your hand stitches will get more skilled w/practice; try reinforcing your zipper area before installing zipper as velvet is a bit fragile and when very snug, can separate from the zipper tape; unsure about your slit. Despite these problems, your dress is gorgeous. -Lily
kimmielovesparis said... (2/6/08 9:12 PM) Reply