Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Last Updated:2/7/08 11:16 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants

Christas said... (1/18/09 11:31 PM) Reply
I am getting ready to make this pattern and just read your review. I LOVE your version.....so very pretty!
jlg said... (5/30/08 8:48 PM) Reply
What a great looking jacket. I bought this pattern because of your review. I wish that I had also gotten some of that fabric while it was available.
Grammy Gin said... (2/8/08 11:24 AM) Reply
So flattering! You have a nice jacket to be very proud of sewing!!! ;-)
sarahb said... (2/8/08 8:31 AM) Reply
I love it--and so smart to go to your drycleaner to get your pleats pressed! Good luck with the buttons.
mahalosu said... (2/7/08 8:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the great comments. I have to say, the fabric is even better in real life. And I guess snaps are the way to go. Makes it so much easier too!
carolynw said... (2/7/08 7:18 PM) Reply
Thanks - got the photo of the back - I just love your jacket and can't wait to get started on mine. Am hoping it will look as nice as yours!!
CShelley said... (2/7/08 7:17 PM) Reply
Wow! I'm loving that jacket, especially the back. So pretty.
mahalosu said... (2/7/08 6:48 PM) Reply
Peggy L said... (2/7/08 6:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!! It looks really classy on you.
Linda G said... (2/7/08 6:26 PM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning...I would cover snap for the closures and then sew the buttons like you did.
ButtonFaith said... (2/7/08 5:27 PM) Reply
I love this jacket!! I had been looking and drooling over the same fabric! What a great idea to take it to the dry cleaners to have him press the pleats! Big ole snaps are the way to go for closing it..
Sigrid. said... (2/7/08 3:48 PM) Reply
How elegant, really surprise those pleats in the back. And that fabric is beautiful.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/7/08 3:00 PM) Reply
Just another admirer of your well fitted and elegant jacket. Your fabric is stunning and so well suited to that style. Love the buttons and agree w/ snaps for closure and sew buttons on front, as this also gives you freedom to change size and style of buttons, if desired. -Lily
PegL said... (2/7/08 1:40 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I agree about using large snaps and sewing the buttons on the outside for looks.
Lori V said... (2/7/08 1:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, the pleats in the back are a wonderful design detail.
frame said... (2/7/08 1:28 PM) Reply
Your jacket is lovely. Love the pleats!
michellep74 said... (2/7/08 1:22 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket! You look great in it!
Leslie Bonner said... (2/7/08 12:44 PM) Reply
I agree with j222b. Put giant snaps for your closure and then sew the big buttons on. I have done this myself and, if you have studies RTW, this method is pretty hot right now. Jacket is fabulous.
Re Becca said... (2/7/08 12:10 PM) Reply
"I want one too!" I saw this fabric and loved it but I couldn't think of what to do with it. I love you jacket. As for the buttons, I would practice on scraps, double thickness with the appropriate interfacing. You will probably be suprised at how good the second or third button hole works out, but I would practice first. OR, you could completely chicken out and put in snaps, as long ans you plan on always buttoning it.
j222b said... (2/7/08 12:09 PM) Reply
I've seen RTW buttons with no buttonholes and large snaps for the jacket or coat close. Love your jacket!
Diane E said... (2/7/08 12:04 PM) Reply
What a lovely jacket! Love the pleats in the back.
Mermie said... (2/7/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. The fabric is lovely.
mahalosu said... (2/7/08 11:27 AM) Reply
by the way, as you can see from the back photo, I was having a really bad hair day.
mahalosu said... (2/7/08 11:26 AM) Reply
Clin, try again. I think I just fixed the photos
mahalosu said... (2/7/08 11:25 AM) Reply
Clin, try again. I think I just fixed the photos
Sherril Miller said... (2/7/08 11:21 AM) Reply
Stunning. Your wonderful fabric shows off those design details beautifully.
carolynw said... (2/7/08 11:19 AM) Reply
I love your jacket and your review is so timely as I am about to make the same jacket - like you am not sure I want such big buttons. The other photos you have on the review are not coming through - I would love to see the back.

Violette Field Threads Stella