Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2934 (Vintage Vogue Misses Jacket)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:2/8/08 5:00 PM
Last Updated:2/8/08 7:55 PM

See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Lenarciak said... (2/3/14 2:54 PM) Reply
Wow! Wonderful job! Great garment!
gabc said... (8/11/12 9:19 AM) Reply
Your jacket is so beautiful! Thank you so much for all these tips on the construction.
cathy45 said... (2/10/08 5:16 PM) Reply
I love it! It's so elegant and stylish (and your aqua gloves make it to die for!). Thank you for all the how-tos. Your work is always so inspiring.
Grammy Gin said... (2/10/08 4:38 PM) Reply
So beautiful Annette! The scarf & gloves really add a nice touch! I really love it & will keep it for reference when making a reversible jacket or coat... great review!! ;-)
fuzzygalore said... (2/10/08 7:22 AM) Reply
Oh, this is utterly fabulous! With the gloves it's to die for :-).
cmarie12 said... (2/9/08 4:03 PM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket and a well-written review! I love the fact that you made the jacket reversible and that you chose your buttons to reflect the fabric on either side! Absolutely stunning!
HeyJane said... (2/9/08 3:07 PM) Reply
Wow extremely elegant. I love your button and loop ideas, and the trim. Thank you for informative review! P.S. I have silk retrieved from a deceased relative's house (still in a plastic box thank goodness) that was from Hong Kong, my husband brought back when he was in the navy. I do not want to admit how many years ago that was. whoa
Heatherrique said... (2/9/08 11:20 AM) Reply
Ah........I adore your jacket, Annette! Vintage, but so cutting edge! I appreciate you taking the time to share this with us and I will keep your review handy because of the cool techniques! Yeah!
Jane S said... (2/9/08 9:11 AM) Reply
What a wondeful, beautiful jacket. I saw that fabric at Fabric Mart and thought it was beautiful. And you took great advantage of such a unique fabric and turned it into something so special...two jackets!! Thanks for such an instructive review on making a reversible jacket as well.
Modiste Madness said... (2/9/08 8:22 AM) Reply
Your review is a sewing tutorial. I so appreciate all the effort and expertise you shared. I love you cape/jacket. It is beautiful.
Fran G said... (2/9/08 7:33 AM) Reply
Looks great, Annette..very elegant! Love the fabric!
Karen8320 said... (2/9/08 7:18 AM) Reply
Annette, just magnificent work as all your sewing is!!! I have such admiration for anyone who does a reversible garment because you have to get it just right and can't hide anything. I love what you've done with the buttons and loops. They look fantastic and the fabric is just perfect for this! Well done!
Shrazzy said... (2/9/08 6:17 AM) Reply
Darling jacket!
rivergum said... (2/9/08 3:20 AM) Reply
That is such a gorgeous jacket, Annette! I wish I had your talent.
Athene said... (2/9/08 1:10 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket - I especially like it being reversible.
Athene said... (2/9/08 1:09 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket - I especially like it being reversible.
CharityAK said... (2/9/08 0:05 AM) Reply
What a wonderfully detailed review! And it's just beautiful. It looks fantastic on you.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/8/08 11:52 PM) Reply
Fabulous fabric (both sides) which you have transformed into a stunningly chic retro 40's cape/jacket. You look lovely. Wonderfully instructive review; thank you for sharing it with us. And Punkin knows a walkin' cape when he sees one. -Lily
Annette1 said... (2/8/08 10:43 PM) Reply
Allegro: I don't know. I was toying with the idea of making it longer somehow, but since I hadn't ever even made it in the first place, I thought, well, I'll just make it right out of the envelope (pretty much). I think it COULD be done (made into a coat), with a little thought, but you'd end up having to rework those sleeves completely, if you really wanted a true sleeve. I suppose in that case we could just start with a true coat pattern -- ha! I keep trying to put it on as if it WERE a coat, and when I sling it around to put my other arm in the "sleeve," my elbow goes in the sleeve instead. :o) (I love your name, by the way.)
Mahler said... (2/8/08 10:28 PM) Reply
Annette, this is an excellent review. The fabric, your reversible creation, your personnal touch , all of that combines to make a perfect garment. Superbe realy ! Three tumbs up.
Peggy L said... (2/8/08 10:16 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!! I love what you've done with this one. Great review. I have a Vintage Vogue coat/jacket ready to cut. There is a contest later this year for the "oldest fabric". Somehow I don't think two years would even get an Honorable Mention.
Nancywin said... (2/8/08 10:10 PM) Reply
This turned out beautifully. I love both sides of the fabric and your button choices as well. With the double layers of fabric, this should keep you nice and warm. It really is beautiful
marjenann said... (2/8/08 10:03 PM) Reply
What a classy, exquisite jacket! The details, the fabric, the style! Fabulicious! -Annette
marjenann said... (2/8/08 10:03 PM) Reply
Kay Y said... (2/8/08 9:36 PM) Reply
Just lovely - beautiful fabric! I can see why you wanted to use both sides of it.
frankenpattern said... (2/8/08 9:21 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. You've made a beautiful jacket and it was very clever of you to make it reversible. Do you think that the pattern could be adapted into a coat?
ryansmumAria said... (2/8/08 8:08 PM) Reply
It is beautiful! Congratulations. I agree, it would look better much longer but you may not be able to do it due to the style. Just gorgeous.
carolynw said... (2/8/08 7:35 PM) Reply
Ooh la la Madame Annette - c'est tres bon - hey I don't know if that's correct French but I absoloutely love what you have done. You must have taken great care and time because it looks totally perfect - ever get tired of it - well you know who would want it don't you? Thanks for such a helpful review but one question - the pattern does not look like it has sleeves - are there really sleeves in it?
frame said... (2/8/08 7:31 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. You did a wonderful job. Great review.
Annette1 said... (2/8/08 7:30 PM) Reply
Hey, that's a contest we could have: Who can make a winning garment from the OLDEST fabric in their stash. :o)
Linda G said... (2/8/08 6:02 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job. I really like the fabric....two years that is nothing to be embarassed about!!! I don't think you will win the oldest stash contest if two years embarasses you ;-)
said... (2/8/08 5:22 PM) Reply
Oh how beautiful! Love it with the scarf!

Understanding Knit Fabrics