Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4225 (Nursing Pillow Cover)

Reviewed by:lizziwhizz

About lizziwhizzstarstar
ME USA
Member since: 4/22/07
Posted on:11/12/08 7:48 PM
See other patterns in this category: Crafts
Available for sale on PR: $3.99 $15.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $3.99 $15.95 Pattern Details

molsonbc said... (11/10/09 12:10 PM) Reply
Well, I made the same mistake thinking I could make this work with a Boppy. I did a quick test of the pattern before I started, and it seemed like it'd fit. It didn't. The problem wasn't so much the shape or size of the pattern, but the way you put the pillow in. Now I understand that it's made for a different pillow than I have, but it'd still be so much easier if the hole was along the back with velcro or a zipper, instead of along the back center. I can get one end of the pillow in, but there's no way I can get the other end in. What a waste of time. I don't want to have to buy another pillow just to use this cover since I already have a Boppy! Why don't I check these reviews before I buy these crappy patterns? One day I'll learn.
mom2b said... (6/23/09 7:13 PM) Reply
Does anyone know if it fits the nurture nest pillows sold at the fabric stores better? I tried the same thing to find it did not fit a boppy brand pillow. When I read the back it said to use a nurture nest pillow which I found are sold at JoAnne's fabrics. Before I buy one I was hoping someone has tried it.
sew42mom said... (2/9/08 12:38 PM) Reply
Sewbaby.com has a boppy pattern that you make from scratch (including stuffing it). You should be able to use the pieces for your cover. That's if you are tired of pin fitting!
Annette1 said... (2/9/08 0:51 AM) Reply
How NICE of you to outfit your friend's nursery, so very thoughtful. I'm sure you'll get this figured out with enough wrangling. :o) I've never even heard of a "boppy," so you can see how little help I am. :o)
EveS said... (2/8/08 6:51 PM) Reply
"Bad Boppy Cover." I'm sorry this pattern's not going together well but that's funny. :) Just a thought, but what's the likelihood that a secondhand store near you might have one of these laying around for cheap? You could check out how it's made, the dimensions, etc. BTW, nice idea for a gift. What a thoughtful friend you are!!! And the Boppy is on my list of fav baby "notions."

Other 00-0000-0