Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 501 (Pull-On Straight Skirts)

Reviewed by:Maxine

About Maxine
YT UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/5/03
Posted on:5/6/03 12:45 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Plus    Skirts

Maxine said... (5/8/03 11:08 AM) Reply
AnneM: Yes, I adapted view A (i.e. instead of an off-centre seam + split, I joined the the two front pieces by overlapping on the SEAM LINES and then cut through the centre marking which is outlined on the pattern then added seam allowances to each half of the front. Adding 3" extra width from above knee to half calf area made the pleat (normally you find these kick pleats at the back). I guess you could make the current slit on view A, adding a kick pleat for a change. Do have a try out first and see if it works; if it does, hope you Mum likes it.
AnneM said... (5/7/03 9:44 PM) Reply
Did you make view A (it sounds like it). I don't follow your kick-pleat description. Was that instead of the slit? How is that done? I made this for my Mom, & think she might like a kick-pleat better than the slit.
ds said... (5/6/03 1:15 PM) Reply
I'm glad to hear you like this pattern. I have similar fitting problems. I'm just returning to garment sewing after burning out on quilting. I bought the Petite Plus #101 Short Sleeve Shell pattern but haven't made it yet. I've heard good things about the fit of the pant pattern also. Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I would love to see a picture of your skirt.

Sew Liberated Flora Tunic and Twirly Skirt