Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 3152 (Easy Skirt)

Reviewed by:CharityAK

About CharityAKstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 11/4/07
Posted on:2/13/08 6:31 PM
Last Updated:9/1/08 10:16 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Other Projects by CharityAK using this Pattern

lilyofthevalley said... (9/2/08 10:38 PM) Reply
Really pretty skirt, Charity, and lovely red print fabric. Like you, I can't have too many classic skirts, particularly if they have a bit of grace and swing at the bottom. Lovely, Lily
Annette1 said... (3/6/08 1:06 AM) Reply
You have a real knack for adding JUST the right touch to your garments to add a little pizazz, while not overdoing it. I especially like this pattern because (usually, anyway) when you have a center frnot and back seam on a flared skirt, that means the drape is more on the bias, which I like. Okay, you talked me into it.
Vintage Joan said... (2/20/08 10:32 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern recently and am happy to see your great versions of it! Good thinking about the extra 1/4" at the top of the waistband -- I'll have to remember that. :)
Rhonda Noah said... (2/17/08 10:59 AM) Reply
Charity, great skirts! The red is so classy looking, but that wild print is so fun! The red says 'career, professional' to me, and the print says, 'cut loose and have fun!' I love them both. The beading on the muslin version is the perfect finishing touch IMHO.
Athene said... (2/13/08 8:53 PM) Reply
Wow - what a wonderful and wild print and the skirt looks so drapey and nice.
Judy Wentz said... (2/13/08 8:52 PM) Reply
I made my second wedding dress out of this fabric. The skirt pattern was very similar.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/13/08 6:41 PM) Reply
Your subtle embellishments are always so perfect; just enough, not too much (bringing to mind your killer embellishment on your winter white suit for the One Fabric Wool contest, which I covet desperately). Your skirt is beautiful and like a magpie, I'm highly attracted to the bright design. Excellent review, as always. -Lily

More Knits