Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8498 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:2/19/08 1:21 PM

maplegirlie said... (2/16/14 0:11 AM) Reply
Thank you for posting this. I was able to find the pattern online (thanks to Google). You did a great job. The color is flattering and so is the cut. Love the princess seams and the sleeves. It's now 2014, do you still have that shirt? :)
AnneM said... (6/16/08 6:34 AM) Reply
What a lovely blouse; it looks great. You must be thrilled with it.
Deepika said... (2/28/08 9:25 AM) Reply
Sandra Burda 7936 is a similar pattern but it has cap sleeves. Drafting a flounce is super easy. I wrote a tip on creating a flounce.
SandraB said... (2/27/08 7:15 PM) Reply
This is so pretty Deepika. Too bad it is an out of print pattern. I would buy it in a heart beat.
Deepika said... (2/23/08 10:14 AM) Reply
You all are so nice. Thanks for such kind comments. This has been one of the most satisfying projects I've worked on in a while.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/23/08 1:22 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse! I look forward to seeing it in LA! :-)
LindsayT said... (2/22/08 9:00 AM) Reply
Very flattering style on you, Deepika. I love the sleeves in particular.
ryan's mom said... (2/21/08 3:43 PM) Reply
What a fab blouse, Deepika! And boy, you sure have a beautiful fit too!! It looks terrific on you.
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/21/08 2:38 PM) Reply
This is a very flattering shirt. The trim on the flounce and the buttons are especially nice.
Larkin said... (2/21/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Really cute, Deepika. I'll look forward to seeing it in person.
Nancywin said... (2/21/08 9:21 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks great. The first thing I noticed was (what I thought was) the silver "piping" After reading your review, I realized it is trim and you even hand stitched it! You have every right to be proud of this project. I look forward to seeing it at PR weekend!
Danvillegirl said... (2/21/08 7:00 AM) Reply
Great looking blouse. I think you have made a hohum looking pattern look fantastic. Love the silver buttons and trim, good suggestions from others.
Karen6790 said... (2/20/08 11:49 PM) Reply
I love the silver buttons and trim. They really add something special to an already special blouse. Lovely.
nancy2001 said... (2/20/08 7:13 PM) Reply
Your blouse is perfect -- perfect fabric, style, fit, and workmanship. Congratulations, Deepika.
Debbie Cook said... (2/20/08 2:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. Perfect sewing! And before February is over ... congrats on making your goal 2x in a row!
Em's Summer said... (2/20/08 10:35 AM) Reply
What a great blouse! You did a fantastic job on this!!!
SusiM said... (2/20/08 10:34 AM) Reply
You achieved a beautiful fit on the blouse, and as many others have already noted - the silver accents are dynamic!
Stitchcakes said... (2/20/08 9:39 AM) Reply
Silver trim is awesome. I am totally stealing that!
SouthernStitch said... (2/20/08 8:38 AM) Reply
Just awesome work. Fits you just perfect!
CarolynGM said... (2/20/08 6:55 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your beautiful, meticulous work. I've had this OOP pattern in my stash for ages so I appreciate seeing it reviewed. It looks like a winner.
ajax said... (2/20/08 4:34 AM) Reply
Love this colour and fabric. The flounce with the silver trim make it look really special. I can understand the dry clean only!
ColorMeHome said... (2/20/08 0:29 AM) Reply
Really cute blouse! I love the sleeves. Your talent really shines!
Kim Winson said... (2/19/08 9:31 PM) Reply
Your blouse is stunning. Great color.
Mel.J said... (2/19/08 8:51 PM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse Deepika. And you're looking pretty great too!
sideseams said... (2/19/08 8:37 PM) Reply
Deepika, I just love your blouse. It looks great on you. The trim on the sleeves is really nice.
Peggy L said... (2/19/08 8:04 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this!! It's gorgeous. Wear it with pride.
Karla Kizer said... (2/19/08 7:50 PM) Reply
Dee, it turned out beautifully. Great fit, great color, great details. Congratulations!
rahayu said... (2/19/08 7:26 PM) Reply
Your blouse is GORGEOUS!....it's so well done and professionally made....great job!
Christina Sonja said... (2/19/08 6:22 PM) Reply
The silver trim is a great touch. And the blouse fits you perfectly. I look forward to seeing it in LA!
PegL said... (2/19/08 6:19 PM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful! Love the color on you!
hongkongshopper said... (2/19/08 5:52 PM) Reply
Lovely!
Sew4Fun said... (2/19/08 5:35 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse. It fits nicely and is very flattering. I find blouses are one of the most relaxing things to sew.
jnamcd said... (2/19/08 4:40 PM) Reply
Just Gorgeous -- great job!
2BSewing said... (2/19/08 4:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous on you! And it fits you perfectly. :)
Tiner W said... (2/19/08 4:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! I love the color, the design, the buttons--everything!
kim*brown said... (2/19/08 4:09 PM) Reply
Great work!
Tini said... (2/19/08 4:05 PM) Reply
WOW that is gorgeous. I love the colour and the pattern ( I think I have seen something similar in one of my older BOF mags...
carolynw said... (2/19/08 4:03 PM) Reply
Beautifull blouse and you couldn't have picked a color that flatters you more than this!! You look so beautiful in this!
camaro1952 said... (2/19/08 3:59 PM) Reply
great blouse! super color for you>
MissCelie said... (2/19/08 3:38 PM) Reply
Don't you look all saucy and proud of yourself! Cute blouse! Can't wait to see it in LA!
fuzzygalore said... (2/19/08 3:14 PM) Reply
Oh but Deepeka, good-quality linen improves with washing... Why don't you wash the scraps in the machine a few times, just to see how it behaves? Then you can wash with confidence.. And yes, it's gorgeous :-).
lilyofthevalley said... (2/19/08 3:00 PM) Reply
Deepika, your blouse is pristine. The rolled hems, the perfect collar and sleeve cap, the gentle turquoise w/silver accents - all lend an ethereal quality to this beautifully fitted work of Art. Just beautiful. -Lily
Hilary said... (2/19/08 2:41 PM) Reply
Oh, Deepika, it's *gorgeous* on you! You did a beautiful job on this-and I love the buttons-in fact I have been hoarding those exact buttons in my stash waiting for just the right project, LOL! Now I wish I had this pattern too (who knows, maybe I can find it!). Thanks for the great review! Enjoy your new blouse :o)
Re Becca said... (2/19/08 2:37 PM) Reply
beautiful! I am sure that you will be able to wear this for a long time and it will be very worth the time you spent on the collar band and the hand sewing.
Vintage Joan said... (2/19/08 2:23 PM) Reply
Wow, this is lovely!! The silver trim on the sleeves is a wonderful touch.
Leora said... (2/19/08 2:06 PM) Reply
I recently stood in line behind a woman who was wearing a shirt with this type of cuff. I think it is so attractive and a nice change!
inkstain said... (2/19/08 2:01 PM) Reply
A lovely spring colour and the silver trim turns it from office to box office. Way to go!
Deepika said... (2/15/08 10:19 AM) Reply
Thanks for the b'day wishes everyone! I had a great day yesterday. OK I love this WIP feature. Rhonda I would have never thought of silver or pewter buttons but I think that's exactly what I am going to get. Thanks!!!!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/14/08 8:54 PM) Reply
A perfect birthday present to yourself! Gorgeous color linen. -Lily
Schnauzer said... (2/14/08 4:14 PM) Reply
Your blouse is taking shape very nicely Deepika! 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' too!
Ronda Rae said... (2/14/08 12:48 PM) Reply
I love the color. Have you decided on buttons? Some silver or pewter would look really nice! It's coming along nicely.
Betsybobbin said... (2/14/08 11:00 AM) Reply
You can tell that you're taking your time--collar and band look perfect!
Patti B said... (2/14/08 10:49 AM) Reply
Love your comment about sewing slowly being weirdly satisfying! As Cynthia Guffey says "it's your hobby, what's your hurry?"
Karen6790 said... (2/14/08 10:01 AM) Reply
Happy birthday! I can't wait to see the final product. Congrats on getting some sewing time in.
Deepika said... (2/14/08 8:46 AM) Reply
Hi Karla, Yes I remember that! I made good progress last night. The only thing left is, sleeves, hems and buttonholes. Yay! Can I complete it today? We'll find out. Thanks for the b'day wishes!
Karla Kizer said... (2/14/08 6:39 AM) Reply
PR was started because you were discouraged by blouse patterns (Simplicity, I think), so this project is especially appropriate. Hope it turns out to be perfect - and Happy Birthday!

by: ButtonFait...