Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2038 (Issey Miyake Coat)

Reviewed by:Marilyn N.

About Marilyn N.star
WA USA
Member since: 2/3/07
Posted on:1/2/09 9:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
ChicagoCalCal said... (12/12/14 11:00 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern 20 years ago and am now going to sew it from a piece in my stash from 23 years ago. I am grateful for your advice on sewing and sizing--thanks!
Peter in NYC said... (1/14/14 8:08 AM) Reply
Excellent review. I just purchased this pattern on eBay and am excited to see how it comes out. I may make a muslin first!
katie lynne said... (1/3/09 9:03 PM) Reply
Thank you for such a useful review! Lovely coat, you did a splendid job.
PhyllisC said... (1/3/09 5:50 PM) Reply
Stunning - what year is the copyright? Is it vintage?
Beek said... (1/3/09 12:42 PM) Reply
Super coat! Issey does make big clothes, but they are so avant-garde! Nice job!
MaryDB said... (1/3/09 11:58 AM) Reply
What a nice construction job and a great coat! I appreciate the tip about washing wool - I'm going to do it for my next project.
merteuil said... (1/3/09 9:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful! And the inside is so nicely finished!
Diane333 said... (1/3/09 9:37 AM) Reply
I LOVE this coat. I like the idea of prewashing wool and will try this. Good review.
Judy Wentz said... (1/3/09 9:30 AM) Reply
A coat is really an undertaking. Great job!
carolynw said... (1/3/09 9:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat - I need one like that!! Your work is impeccable
Nancy K said... (1/3/09 8:52 AM) Reply
Lovely coat and great review. I have had this pattern sitting in my stash for years and hesitated making it because it is so huge! I'll have to consider it for the gorgeous piece of coating I picked up a while back half price at Michael's .
BetsyV said... (1/3/09 8:36 AM) Reply
Nice job, Lois. Love the buttons!
moushka said... (1/3/09 6:32 AM) Reply
Fabulous coat and now I want one! You found the perfect fabric. Now to find that oop pattern. I remember the Marcy Tilton article and I wanted the coat then, LOL. Guess I'll just have to hope that someone on ebay will put it up for sale. Thanks for reviewing it. Sue
Athene said... (1/2/09 11:51 PM) Reply
This is a great coat.
Annette1 said... (1/2/09 10:37 PM) Reply
Hey, look at this neat site. (I was just MOURNING the fact that I no longer have this pattern, so searched for it online and found this site instead.) There's little page numbers near the top you have to click on (which I almost missed): http://groehm.tripod.com/miyake/
Annette1 said... (1/2/09 10:31 PM) Reply
What a beautiful job you've done on this coat. I know what you mean about the sizing, as I made it quite some time ago, and I mean it was HUGE, EVEN ON ME! I took the FUNNIEST picture of me standing with my arms straight out in that coat, and my mom can look at the picture even TODAY and start laughing. :o) It's GREAT for layering, though, and you've used the perfect fabric such that it will have some drape to it (which is where I went wrong). This WOULD make a good raincoat! GREAT review and WONDERFUL coat!
solosmocker said... (1/2/09 9:37 PM) Reply