Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5867 (Simplicity@Home)

Reviewed by:Jan Flaherty

About Jan Flaherty
MA USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:2/17/08 2:54 PM
Last Updated:2/17/08 2:57 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

SewTwin said... (3/9/08 3:08 AM) Reply
Jan, if you didn't find out on the boards already, you could probably find help on Debbie Cook's blog(find her profile/blog in "find a member").She usually has the most, and excellent fitting tips!Also, Sandra Betzina books, or Fit for Real People books..Good Luck! PS..Top/print is too cool to avoid wearing.You will work out the bugs..
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/29/08 1:26 PM) Reply
Great looking top! I have this pattern and never noticed the top. Was just focusing on the jogging suit. Like I'll be doing that anytime soon--LOL! Thanks for uncovering it for the rest of us!
Danvillegirl said... (2/19/08 5:24 AM) Reply
Good first review! Nice looking top.
MareeAlison said... (2/19/08 0:57 AM) Reply
I love the fabric and the fit. I have this pattern but never realised it had the long sleeved top underneath. Thanks for that.
Debbie Cook said... (2/18/08 12:20 PM) Reply
Pretty top! I agree with the suggestion to use a smaller size at the shoulder area, or to make a narrow shoulder adjustment to the size you used.
judy3 said... (2/17/08 7:26 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review! Your top fits you very well. I really like the fabric you chose, and I agree that the 3/4 sleeves are great!
Heatherrique said... (2/17/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Very attractive top! You look stunning!
CharityAK said... (2/17/08 6:29 PM) Reply
OOoo...I was watching that fabric too. It's so fun to see someone make it up. Your top is wonderful. Great review as well.
Sigrid. said... (2/17/08 5:47 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first review. Loved the neckline instantly when I saw the picture enlarge in the gallery. Thanks for reviewing it, you've made a lovely top in a lovely fabric.
maidathome said... (2/17/08 5:43 PM) Reply
Nice top, it looks good on you. Maybe try a smaller size through the shoulder area? I'm not a fitting expert but that is what I'd do.
HeatherB said... (2/17/08 4:56 PM) Reply
Your top looks really nice. I haven't tried a knit top yet so can't answer any of your questions, but from the picture it looks great as is. Thanks for your comment on my skirt.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/17/08 4:45 PM) Reply
This is a really lovely and classic top in a striking fabric that really enhances your coloring. I like it very, very much. Your photo link re: shoulder trouble is not working and I can't see enough detail from your small thumbnail photo to see a shoulder problem, but maybe try again for a larger photo. An excellent first review, and I look forward to reading about many more of your creations. -Lily
michellep74 said... (2/17/08 3:12 PM) Reply
Pretty top! I thought that I recognized that fabric. ;)

Tessuti Mandy Boat Neck Tee