Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Last Updated:5/9/03 4:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Other Projects by Ann Smith using this Pattern

eightyferrettoes said... (8/5/07 5:49 PM) Reply
gosh, that's really stunning! Love the bias skirt with the straight-grain jacket... very appealing and a bit more feminine than your standard straight-skirt suit.
Debspuncturedthumb said... (5/20/03 7:09 AM) Reply
Ann, Thank you! I have been looking at Chanel type patterns and I may just pick this one up! I know I'll have to lower the bust darts and do adjustments there as well-pretty standard with Vogues anyway. I would like to make a Chanel style project complete with a golden linked chain as weight in the jacket hem with a contrasting bias trim; this looks like it's just perfect and offers a nice variation too with the front closure of the jacket!
PattiA said... (5/9/03 5:15 PM) Reply
Ann, this suit has the appearance of a couture ensemble. Unfortunately, this Vogue pattern is no longer in print--and a check with Vogue Patterns gave me the information that they do not have any leftovers! She who hesitates . . .
Georgene said... (5/9/03 4:57 PM) Reply
Ann, thanks for the close-up. It looks even better than I thought. Very nice fabric and treatment. It does look better with the shoulder pads. You're hired!
Ann Smith said... (5/9/03 4:46 PM) Reply
Georgene: I've added a close up of the fringe. I hope that helps. It took quite a while to braid that! Gigi: yes, it is Cafe Society. I'll look forward to seeing your turquoise suit.
Mbarkle said... (5/8/03 5:25 PM) Reply
Very nice. I love the bias skirt instead of the straight one you usually see with this jacket. The fringe is a nice touch too. You look beautiful in it.
CatherineN said... (5/8/03 3:57 PM) Reply
That is so soft and pretty. The skirt has graceful lines.
Gigi Louis said... (5/8/03 2:36 PM) Reply
Another great outfit - I especially love that flirty little skirt. Is that the Cafe Society? I so loved it but the coloring wasn't right for me so I opted for the turquoise suiting.
Mariko said... (5/8/03 11:55 AM) Reply
Ann, absolutely beautiful! I have never made a lined jacket (or just plain jacket like this), but with your recommendation, I will put it in my wish list. I also like the shape of the skirt. The style is very elegant and it fits you quite nicely. Thank you for your review!!
cindyann said... (5/8/03 11:01 AM) Reply
Wow.....very nice. The designer details of the dyed to match braid and the fringed selvedge are great additions. Thanks for this review.
Georgene said... (5/8/03 10:59 AM) Reply
I love the treatment with the fringe. Any chance of a close-up shot with the braid? Mademoiselle Coco would approve, the ensemble looks great on you.
Lisa Laree said... (5/8/03 9:35 AM) Reply
Thanks for bringing the pattern to our attention! I have some fabric that's been ageing for quite a while, waiting for a good Chanel-esque pattern; I'm definitely going to consider this one!
GorgeousFabrics said... (5/8/03 9:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful job as always, Ann. Great review too! -Ann
Tonia Van Dyk said... (5/8/03 9:02 AM) Reply
Ann, what a lovely spring suit!
els said... (5/8/03 8:11 AM) Reply
Ann you made a very nice outfit,you are right that you do need to put in the shoulderpads that will solve the problem.In couture suits it is often the whole garment which will be interfaced except the sleeves, but sometimes they also are interfaced but with a different weight interfacing that depends on the fabric.

Kitschy Coo Lady Skater Dress