Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2008-121 (Wrap dress/top)

Reviewed by:KathleenS

About KathleenSstarstar
Member since: 11/18/02
Posted on:2/18/08 3:20 AM
Last Updated:2/18/08 3:26 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Mufffet said... (3/23/08 10:04 PM) Reply
That is so pretty on you! You did a really good job on this top, and the fabric really looks good with your red hair!
Athene said... (2/22/08 0:21 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful look on you both with and without the belt but I favour the belt. The abstract print is very interesting - it just makes the blouse look very special.
popoagiesmiles said... (2/20/08 10:31 PM) Reply
Gosh, your top looks great, especially on your model figure. I am inspired to sew and exercise!
MelissaB in WA said... (2/19/08 11:20 PM) Reply
Wow, what a very helpful review you wrote - thank you! I like your top and am so pleased for you it turned out nicely when you used different fabric than the recommended one for the pattern. I hope you enjoy wearing it!
Grammy Gin said... (2/19/08 3:28 PM) Reply
Your fabric is very flattering to your complexion & hair coloring. Thanks for the very detailed review....will be very helpful if I decided to make this one. ;-)
KathleenS said... (2/19/08 4:24 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like the belt, it was quite a lot of work! and anyway, I think it's really nice and I'd be sad not to use it. HKS, I'm not surprised you didn't remember my fabric amongst all the other fabrics! Mmmm, fabric.
lynny said... (2/19/08 1:02 AM) Reply
ooohh I do like your top Kathleen and thanks for the very detailed review. I too like the belt view. My humble opinion the top looks better with the collar down (not pinned up) and the wide curve of the neckline with the narrow shawl collar makes the top look more elegant. It has a style about it which I think you would lose if you closed the neckline in - does that make sense? Anyway, gorgeous top - it looks great.
Oziroo said... (2/18/08 5:22 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed reading this detailed review. Your top looks great on you too!
hongkongshopper said... (2/18/08 4:40 PM) Reply
Great review Kathleen! I like your fabric, but don't recall seeing that on our trip? I like the top best with the belt. I think the belt is pretty cute.
wanderlustor said... (2/18/08 1:15 PM) Reply
This review is so helpful. Thanks for including such detailed information on your construction, fabric type and so on. It looks great!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/18/08 11:56 AM) Reply
What an excellent review; I plan to make a cup of tea later and study your progressions. Angling bust dart - great idea. Love the fabric. I too prefer the belt and the neckline just where you have it. Lovely job in every respect. -Lily
Leora said... (2/18/08 10:39 AM) Reply
Maybe we should dub this the "wrap" issue LOL. Great idea to make this into a top. Interesting collar!
Beek said... (2/18/08 9:24 AM) Reply
Your top is very flattering. I like it with the belt as well.
chemmom said... (2/18/08 8:59 AM) Reply
I vote with the belt. It gives the top more interest that way. You could even make it in a contrasting color. I like the neck line.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (2/18/08 5:13 AM) Reply
Your top looks great and thanks for the very detailed review. I just finished the 120 version of this and it looks nothing like yours so as you say it is an interesting pattern (Review coming soon). I like that you took the elements of the dress 121 design and made them into the top, BWOF is great for being able to do that.
Understanding Interfacings