Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2008-119 (tie neck blouse)

Viewed 2002 times
Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:2/18/08 7:13 PM
Last Updated:9/3/12 11:46 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 31 people
Deepika said... (11/19/12 11:32 PM) Reply
Nancy I am just about to make this top and I can't tell you how helpful your tutorial is. I am hoping mine will go smoothly. I love your top!
Rhoda K said... (9/3/12 1:41 PM) Reply
I love your blouse. Your tutorial works, baby seams not, photo not. I found by going to the other links/composite photos and clicking on a photo, you can scroll from there and look at all. I hope this comment isn't too confusing.
katlew03 said... (9/2/12 1:06 AM) Reply
Would love to see it, but none of your links are working.
yummymummy38 said... (1/11/11 7:25 AM) Reply
thanks so much for the slideshow with labels, a picture paints a thousand words, it make everything so clear. I am off to make this now.
Liberty23 said... (4/13/08 10:07 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the detailed slide show!!! I also spent a lot of time reading those instructions without understanding them at all.
mylittleelephant said... (2/23/08 10:44 AM) Reply
VERY VERY helpful instructions on collar and you look great in this, thanks for the great review!
Nancy K said... (2/22/08 10:28 PM) Reply
Very nicely done. Thanks for the collar instructions!
EveS said... (2/22/08 10:02 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the scarf info! I just bought this (my 1st) BWOF and you might've just saved my life (and my hope that I can actually DO one of these patterns!!). I love your fabric choice...very, very pretty top!
So So said... (2/20/08 9:22 AM) Reply
Thank you thank you for this excellant review. I was wondering how it would look on a "real person'. And it looks fantastic. Also thanks for the detailed scarf/collar instruction and your kind offer of PM help.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/19/08 11:06 PM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse! You're so fast too to have something out of the latest issue already - way to go!
Nancywin said... (2/19/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for all of your nice comments and support. I was so frustrated when I could not figure out the collar on this. All of your kind comments make it all worth it!
utz said... (2/19/08 10:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing how the scarf was put together -I'm considering this for DD and the instructions confused me immediately. Thanks. Looks very nice on you.
avancleve said... (2/19/08 9:51 PM) Reply
I want to do this blouse as well, thank you for the extra info...now I don't have to scratch my head for an hour trying to figure out the burda instructions. I am not very fond of them, and try to avoid them at all cost. I like your blouse.
Nancywin said... (2/19/08 9:39 PM) Reply
Danvillegirl said... (2/19/08 8:13 PM) Reply
Good job!
Lori V said... (2/19/08 7:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty top, you look great.
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/19/08 4:23 PM) Reply
I've been waiting for someone to review this top. I'm delighted to see it looks as nice on a real person as it did in the magazine! Many thanks for all the tips about the collar/scarf.
Grammy Gin said... (2/19/08 3:15 PM) Reply
Good looking top, Nancy! How nice it must be to make a sheer, sleeveless blouse & be able to wear it outdoors in Feb. Looks like you lost some weight, you look like you did when I first joined PR & noticed you with your collar....I also had to wear one of those...3 times!! Thanks for the good explanation on making the tie. ;-)
ELIZAALL said... (2/19/08 12:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for your tips. I was reading the tie instruction provided on the magazine and did not quite understand it either. I will print out your review when I make this top.
cindy-lou said... (2/19/08 12:26 PM) Reply
So, the instructions were hard for you?!? Now I'm scared!... but I'll try it out. I really loke the look you got from yours!
Knitsandsews said... (2/19/08 10:30 AM) Reply
Thank you for your detailed review! I am going to make this soon myself, and have read and re-read the directions many times to try and understand the neck loop. Thank you for the illustrated example - much easier to understand :)
nellc said... (2/19/08 8:02 AM) Reply
Lovely top, it looks very pretty in chiffon. I'm so glad you have reviewed this, I have been struggling to understand some of the instructions for finishing the tie collar so I will definately refer to your review when I get around to making this one.
Karen8320 said... (2/19/08 6:32 AM) Reply
Nancy, it looks lovely on you, with and without a camisole.
Athene said... (2/19/08 5:46 AM) Reply
Simply gorgeous on you. As usual a very helpful and informative review. Thank you. I always learn from your reviews.
Sigrid. said... (2/19/08 2:47 AM) Reply
Agree with all, this is a very, very pretty top. Love your fabric for it. I want to make this top too, so glad you figured out already how to do the tie!
MarijaSLO said... (2/19/08 2:31 AM) Reply
Great review with many tips! Thank you!
loriz said... (2/19/08 1:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. Its an excellent top!
Seaspur said... (2/18/08 11:16 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse, looks great on you!
CynthiaSue said... (2/18/08 10:06 PM) Reply
very cute. I want it! Maybe I can make it......:)
SewKnitYKnot said... (2/18/08 9:55 PM) Reply
Lovely top! This was one of the patterns from the Feb issue that caught my eye. Thanks for the warning about the tie instructions! Any tips?
Christina Sonja said... (2/18/08 9:42 PM) Reply
Looks great on you! This pattern is on my shortlist for the February issue, so it's nice to see it made up. Thanks for the warning about the instructions.
lmg said... (2/18/08 9:30 PM) Reply
That's just lovely. I too was trying to figure out how to do the tie when I read the directions. Yours is lovely in that fabric. Thanks for the review!
Schnauzer said... (2/18/08 8:54 PM) Reply
Your top looks gorgeous on you Nancy. I love that fabric, very complementary to the style!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (2/18/08 8:46 PM) Reply
Glad it's not just me, I have a muslin of this cut out and I don't understand even the first line of the instructions! looks like it's worth persevering with though, your version is lovely.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/18/08 8:31 PM) Reply
Nancy, thank you so much for showing your baby seams on this gorgeous top which looks so feminine and ethereal on you. I agree w/ Cidell that the tiniest bit of sheerness is a good thing and you look perfectly modest. Just daughter jitters, lest Mom look TOO good - which you do. -Lily
marjenann said... (2/18/08 8:19 PM) Reply
Very smart looking top, Nancy!! Looks very, very expensive! I love it!
MissCelie said... (2/18/08 8:08 PM) Reply
Very pretty Nancy. Don't worry about your daughter. Sheer is all the rage this season!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/18/08 8:00 PM) Reply
Very pretty Nancy, I have had my eye on that one too, nice idea re cami underneath the sheer.
CShelley said... (2/18/08 7:34 PM) Reply
Really nice results...no one's going to notice the tie on the right side. If they do, they need a life. Good thing you went outside with your daughter though! Thanks for the review. The more I see of the Burda WOF patterns, the more I want to subscribe!
Heatherrique said... (2/18/08 7:31 PM) Reply
Very pretty top, Nancy! I just saw this blouse from this issue and assumed it was automatically easy to sew for the first time ! Your very helpful review is very timely! Thanks!

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest