Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2449 (crossover top)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06

Hall of Fame 2007
Posted on:2/19/08 10:26 PM
Last Updated:5/18/08 3:08 AM

CynthiaSue said... (5/19/08 1:38 AM) Reply
another great print!! you must drive all over town as the best dressed mom!
Em's Summer said... (5/18/08 5:27 PM) Reply
Your latest version looks great on you! Love it! I can definitely understand why you're addicted to this pattern! I wear out my TNTs, too, and can't wait to see your next one!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/18/08 11:59 AM) Reply
Another winner!!. Just gorgeous fabric. Love that pattern.
lcavagnolo said... (5/18/08 11:30 AM) Reply
I love, love, love this print!
CA Eisenhour said... (5/18/08 11:00 AM) Reply
There you go again, Awesome top and a great review you and Heather look so darn cute together!! I've taken the plunge and bought fabric and patterns for ME...OMG! From little stuff to giant patterns ewwwwwww, I don't know where to begin. Now, I'm not that big, but I much prefer working with little people patterns; it's just that I have nothing to wear in this horrible heat!
HeyJane said... (5/18/08 10:22 AM) Reply
Your top looks fabulous. I like that pants pattern, also!
Heatherrique said... (3/12/08 5:49 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the positive and encouraging comments. ;-}
Beek said... (3/10/08 9:32 AM) Reply
Great review of a lovely top!
emo said... (3/9/08 7:48 PM) Reply
New version looks great! Also, I'm so jealous that it is warm there. Looking at the picture made me wish Chicago would stop snowing!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/9/08 6:23 PM) Reply
Louella, I'm so pleased that you remade this fabulous Jalie top, as your previous top looked so beautiful on you. And this sibling in softer autumn colors is quite the complement. The fit is so flattering to you and as always, your colors choices are killer chic. I'm pretty sure that your wardrobe could accommodate a few more of this caliber. Lovely, Lily
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/21/08 3:46 PM) Reply
How adorable you two look in those smashing tops! Thank you for a wonderful review.
nicegirl said... (2/21/08 1:45 PM) Reply
You guys look so cute! Love it!
CynthiaSue said... (2/21/08 2:04 AM) Reply
you guys are adorable! and that print is awesome!
Annette1 said... (2/20/08 11:18 PM) Reply
Love, love, LOVE it -- or should I say "them." BOTH of you are just as cute as you can be in these tops. Your fabric is so fun, and the fit is superb! :o) You know, I've got a whole drawer full of Jalie patterns that I've yet to try out. I don't know what the heck I'm waiting for.
marjenann said... (2/20/08 8:46 PM) Reply
Absolutely, possitively the best looking girls in the cutest tops ever!!! Lovely fabric choice too!! Annette
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/20/08 5:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful matching tops.
Deepika said... (2/20/08 4:32 PM) Reply
You guys look so cute in your matching tops. This pattern is definitely a winner!
Elemenopeo said... (2/20/08 4:18 PM) Reply
Super look - love the matched set.
cindy-lou said... (2/20/08 3:21 PM) Reply
Awwwwwwww, just LOOK at you guys! You two look wonderful. I think of you so often when I'm fabric shopping-- you have such a distinctive (in a GOOD way) style!
fuzzygalore said... (2/20/08 2:46 PM) Reply
You two look adorable! Don't you think she's more likely to sew if she can look just like Mom? Sure worked for me :-).
Seamingly Simple said... (2/20/08 2:25 PM) Reply
Now I want a daughter so I can copy you!
michellep74 said... (2/20/08 2:13 PM) Reply
You both look adorable in your matching tops! Love the fabric!
MelC said... (2/20/08 12:44 PM) Reply
I really like how you slightly raised the necklines. The picture of you and your daughter is darling.
ryan's mom said... (2/20/08 11:01 AM) Reply
Awesome!!! Mom and daughter look terrific in their new tops! And a great fit too. How did I ever miss your David Cassidy shirt? Now I'm going to check out that review.
Em's Summer said... (2/20/08 10:23 AM) Reply
What a cute set! I love mother daughter matching sets! And what fun blue contacts!
Mufffet said... (2/20/08 10:12 AM) Reply
WOW....that is a great fabric and it really brings out your eyes! :)
Stitchcakes said... (2/20/08 8:43 AM) Reply
TOOOOO CUTE!!!
Karen8320 said... (2/20/08 8:42 AM) Reply
Both you and your daughter look fabulous in these tops! The fabric certainly gives them an added 'wow' factor. Great work. I love how you've been able to whip up 7 outfits in a weekend! Fantastic!
Jan Flaherty said... (2/20/08 7:53 AM) Reply
Pretty tops, I think I may have to buy my first Jalie pattern.
MissCelie said... (2/20/08 7:30 AM) Reply
Love the fabric, love the matching outfits. Pretty fabulous!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/20/08 1:26 AM) Reply
Wonderful review that covers all aspects of this tempting top. You and Heather look smashingly chic in your tops. Your fabric choice is stunning, too, as is your ability to sew 7 garments in a weekend! I bow to greatness. - Lily
KarmenG said... (2/20/08 0:41 AM) Reply
Love the fabric and the two of you look great. So cute!
EveS said... (2/20/08 0:17 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh, you guys are the CUTEST!!! I love your fabric (now there's a surprise)! Thanks for the great review...you made #53 worthwhile! :)
CSM--Carla said... (2/19/08 11:13 PM) Reply
You two "O"s look wonderful in your tops! Love this pattern. Love your rendition! Nice fabric! Thanks for the link to Dr. Sue's note about the sway back fix on page 127 of Fit For Real People. Very Helpful! I always shorten my neck bands for modesty.
CharityAK said... (2/19/08 10:56 PM) Reply
This is a VERY helpful review. Thank you so much. I've been wanting to find a cross-over top that doesn't end up being too low. This one looks pretty modest! I've marked it on my favorites list. You both look fantastic!
Elle D said... (2/19/08 10:52 PM) Reply
Thank you for your detailed review. I have this top and I'm saving your review for future reference. Your versions look gorgeous, on both of you. Great job matching up to O's. Your daughter's beautiful big eyes make two more O's.

Sewing Workshop Mimosa Top & Pants Pattern