Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> ks-easysewing (Blouse with Scoop Neckline)

Reviewed by:Mufffet

See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew

Other Projects by Mufffet using this Pattern

JamieLiz said... (8/14/08 5:02 PM) Reply

JamieLiz said... (8/14/08 5:02 PM) Reply
This color and style are beautiful on you. Looks mah-velous, Mufffet!
Mufffet said... (2/22/08 11:10 AM) Reply
Annette...loved those cat-eyes in my youth! Had no idea about the husker red thing! HAHAHA. My game is baseball, my team the Yankees... Lady Mame - the patterns I don't THINK run a size large, but since I usually use the XL anyway because I exceed the recommended - maybe they do?! I always use my template for shoulders so that would be too large but that part is too large in every pattern I use. It's a book and very very good value for your money - you can even order copies of the patterns extra if you need to or want to. The book is written to be a text for sewing really. and the patterns can be purchased because you might have several people learning from this book. I love the book and the instructions and the patterns. They are on white paper and good and sturdy to trace.
Annette1 said... (2/21/08 5:45 PM) Reply
Darn, I learned something new today in spite of myself. I wasn't familiar with the Kwik Sew Easy Sewing line, but based on your results, I may have to check it out. I've NEVER seen anybody look as pretty in RED as you do. You should move to Nebraska, where all the Husker fans wear red EVERY Saturday, and some even extend that to Fridays, as well. I couldn't believe it when we moved here. I thought, what is with all these people wearing RED? I mean, you could get on a bus, and the ENTIRE THING was RED everywhere. And HUSKER BOB used to frequent the bars when I was in college wearing RED PLAID pants, RED cardigan sweater, RED Tam o' Shanter, WHITE belt and WHITE shoes. I don't think he ever had to buy his own beer, and from all indications, he drank plenty of them. This is all hearsay, of course, as I have no personal knowledge of anything bar-related from my college days. (On the glasses note, I like them as well. I've got me some "cateyes" coming from eBay. Can't wait to get them -- ha!)
Lady_Mame said... (2/21/08 11:30 AM) Reply
I've never seen anything from this book reviewed before (though I'm sure it's happened) I keep waffling on whether to buy it or not... I think this is tipping the scales, but I have one question-- do these patterns run a size too large just like other kwiksews?
2BSewing said... (2/21/08 7:25 AM) Reply
That is one beautiful top you are wearing. Color looks great on you. When I make buttonholes with my Platinum, I tend not to use the sewing advisor but select the appropriate buttonhole I'd like to use. I have to do a few practice buttonholes on the same fabric and with same interfacing as my garment. Saves time and frustration. :)
carolynw said... (2/20/08 9:35 PM) Reply
Love your top and the color suits you to a T!!
ceehawks1976 said... (2/20/08 7:08 PM) Reply
Great review!!! I love the top, and the color is great on you. The top looks kinda retro, so you are "in"!!! Luv the specs!
Rhoda K said... (2/20/08 6:55 PM) Reply
This top looks so nice on you - I may have to get the pattern. This looks like it could be used in many ways/fabrics.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/20/08 6:37 PM) Reply
This top looks fantastic on you.
Mufffet said... (2/20/08 2:04 PM) Reply
BJ1400, Thanks! The glasses are new so of course I had to have the picture taken with them. Everyone told me my glasses were old fashioned and way too big, so I had to update this time! Might need a whole new look, new clothes, and another piercing somewhere...haha.
BJ1400 said... (2/20/08 10:58 AM) Reply
That color looks very good on you! I also like your glasses.
moss said... (2/20/08 9:43 AM) Reply
that looks fantastic on you!
cecelia said... (2/20/08 8:49 AM) Reply
Mufffet, I love this KS book too. Your shirt looks very nice on you, especially that color!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/20/08 1:35 AM) Reply
Wonderful top in a striking shade for your coloring. It really makes your skin glow. Perfect multi-season garment, too. Thanks for your buttonhole tip; I too have Viking machines and will pay attention to considering the larger space when sewing w/similar fabric. Lovely. -Lily
Heatherrique said... (2/19/08 10:36 PM) Reply
Gorgeous color and style! You wear this top with such finesse!

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-101