Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5329 (Lined Jacket)

Viewed 1969 times
Reviewed by:born2bead

About born2beadstarstar
ID United States
Member since: 8/1/06
Posted on:2/20/08 11:51 AM
Last Updated:2/27/08 12:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Sweater knit fabrics

Tee2 said... (5/1/08 5:53 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and white pique fabric. I plan to make this soon. Hopefully, mine will come out nicely as yours.
popoagiesmiles said... (3/21/08 11:34 AM) Reply
Love your version. Seems like most people in their reviews show this with some sort of knit scoop neck knit or a straight across cami. Also saw one with a curved V-neck. Was hoping to see someone wearing a collared shirt to see if this could work as well for work, but didn't see anything like that. I have this pattern and am thinking of making it in red linen with a matching pegged skirt for a work look.
zora said... (3/1/08 1:41 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket!
marpratt said... (2/27/08 3:41 PM) Reply
I've never even looked at this pattern, but now that I have seen your jacket I really want to make it. It fits you beautifully.
Annette1 said... (2/21/08 4:51 PM) Reply
How PRETTY! I'm a sucker for anything in white linen, but I think white pique may be even better! Love it!
kim*brown said... (2/21/08 10:50 AM) Reply
Cute, Cute, Cute!
Jan Flaherty said... (2/21/08 9:30 AM) Reply
This jacket looks fabulous on you. Congrats.
Stitchcakes said... (2/21/08 9:03 AM) Reply
Goody! I have this pattern. Thank goodness, because I have been looking for that button, too, EveS! I may have to do it in pique now. Looks NICE on you!
Modiste Madness said... (2/21/08 8:33 AM) Reply
It is quite charming on you. It is perfect for your figure. Nice job of putting it together also.
ryan's mom said... (2/21/08 6:38 AM) Reply
So pretty on you and a great style!
KathleenS said... (2/21/08 4:10 AM) Reply
Great work! I think some of the other reviews said the neckline was a bit low on this - what do you think?
CynthiaSue said... (2/21/08 2:08 AM) Reply
you look totally amazing! nice lines of this jacket fit you perfectly!
JudiBee2 said... (2/20/08 11:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. It looks beautiful
Peggy L said... (2/20/08 10:10 PM) Reply
Cute jacket!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (2/20/08 9:36 PM) Reply
This style is perfect on you, definitely make it again, especially if you can whizz it up in a day!
Dr. Alice said... (2/20/08 8:29 PM) Reply
That is totally cute - I think I almost bought a jacket that was pretty much identical in J Crew the other day - now I have to challenge myself to make it! Many thanks!
Karen8320 said... (2/20/08 6:50 PM) Reply
This is a smart and very flattering style. You look great wearing it! I'm very impressed with your speed of sewing. Sewing it in one day is fantastic work!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/20/08 6:25 PM) Reply
This lovely jacket is just perfect on you, and the white cotton pique looks both crisp and versatile. I think you'll wear this more times than you imagine - and look great doing it each time. Excellent wardrobe base. -Lily
Nancy Anne said... (2/20/08 5:59 PM) Reply
Darling! Jackets are my favorite thing to sew, and after seeing your review, this is on my "need to buy" list.
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/20/08 5:39 PM) Reply
Nice jacket. It looks great on you.
Flying Seamstress said... (2/20/08 4:34 PM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket! You'll get lots of mileage out of this one...and it is super-flattering on you!
hongkongshopper said... (2/20/08 4:20 PM) Reply
This looks lovely on you. Very nice.
Lori V said... (2/20/08 4:07 PM) Reply
This looks fantastic on you.
Hilary said... (2/20/08 2:58 PM) Reply
That is really cute! It looks great onyou, very flattering!
CShelley said... (2/20/08 2:29 PM) Reply
Looks great on you. LOVE the ruffle on the sleeve. Nice job!
EveS said... (2/20/08 1:04 PM) Reply
Where's the stop-making-me-buy-more-patterns rating button??? ;) I LOVE this and can't believe I overlooked it! It looks awesome on you, and I love the crisp white! Good thing McCall's are on sale this weekend. :) Thanks for the review!
solosmocker said... (2/20/08 12:57 PM) Reply
FABULOUS!
cindy-lou said... (2/20/08 12:35 PM) Reply
Look how pretty your jacket is! I have muslined this pattern and have the white cotton pique. Now ust to make it... :} Thanks for the motivation- LOVE it!
causticmuse said... (2/20/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket and a great addition to your wardrobe entry! I'm impressed that you finished it in just one day, too.

Jamie Christina Lark Paper Pattern