Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3576 (Fitted Sleeveless Dresses)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:2/21/08 1:29 AM
Last Updated:3/2/08 1:13 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

pammieh said... (8/23/09 9:10 PM) Reply
Please submit more if you do it again!
sparklesew said... (6/9/08 10:36 PM) Reply
I love the seamstress's adaptation on the go. Much like my sewing. Creative adaptation! And it is a lovely finished dress. I would taper all belt loops for a nice top finish. She might like a princess seaming to mesh with those lovely pockets. Thanks for a good review. Happy stitching to you! SparkleSew.
morzel said... (3/4/08 4:08 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress! Great fit, great design details.
cabinbaby said... (3/2/08 9:54 PM) Reply
I forgot to mention this in the edit. The squint is because the sun is glaring off the icy snow. The white stuff that looks like dog hair is snow. :)
mylittleelephant said... (3/2/08 5:38 PM) Reply
True, now we can see clear picture of your lovely dress in sunlight, very flattering on you! Great fit too!
EveS said... (3/2/08 2:50 PM) Reply
I've admired this pattern since I first saw it and I think the pique is perfect for it! Just love your dress! As squilts mentioned, do a diagonal stitch (or two) to turn the corners to make them pointy...doesn't sound like it should work but it does! You've tempted me to buy this pattern! :)
Sigrid. said... (3/2/08 11:23 AM) Reply
Great dress, looks very good on you.
Lori V said... (3/2/08 9:22 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress, it looks fantastic on you. Really great belt, too.
Beek said... (3/2/08 8:15 AM) Reply
This is a very flattering dress on you. And you executed it wonderfully. I bet you will use this pattern again and again. It works!
PJH said... (2/23/08 5:49 AM) Reply
Great dress! I think you should consider the 'extra seam' for the others you make from this pattern.
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/22/08 12:43 PM) Reply
What a classy job! I love the "extra seam", looks very professional, like it was meant to be there. Very cute dress!
Kaitlinnegan said... (2/22/08 0:46 AM) Reply
The dress looks great - definitely a classic! The "extra" seam looks nice - I would have thought it was a design feature.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/22/08 0:29 AM) Reply
That is one rockin dress! I love it and it fits you perfectly! I love that it's a-line too, somehow I missed this pattern in the KS catalog.
Athene said... (2/21/08 11:56 PM) Reply
Lovely look and the fit is wonderful. I always enjoy your reviews. You have a slim build like my daughter and I find your reviews very helpful for getting ideas for my daughter.
Heatherrique said... (2/21/08 9:02 PM) Reply
Retro, modern and glamourous! ;-}
lilyofthevalley said... (2/21/08 6:24 PM) Reply
The boatneck and sleek silhouette of this sleeveless dress is extremely flattering on you. It looks equally fetching with and without a shirt underneath, and your topstitched extra seam in the chest area is a design plus for this chic dress. -Lily
cabinbaby said... (2/21/08 5:20 PM) Reply
ocotillo, no, I didn't even trace the facings. I just used the front and back pattern pieces as a lining.
Peggy L said... (2/21/08 5:05 PM) Reply
Very nice dress!!!
Annette1 said... (2/21/08 4:40 PM) Reply
I love the lines and the details of this dress, and you look GREAT in it!
ocotillo said... (2/21/08 12:14 PM) Reply
Great dress! I love the pocket and belt details, and the lining looks great! Did you end up using the facings?
cabinbaby said... (2/21/08 11:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for letting me know about the tip, I didn't check there. This was a center-zip but the technique would probably only be a little different.
squilts said... (2/21/08 11:46 AM) Reply
That looks awesome. I love the pocket/belt detail. I have read somewhere that if you take a diagonal stitch where the corner point is supposed to be, when you turn it, it will be more pointed that if you had sewn it square... Also, look in TIPS, for a tip from Nancywin on invisible zippers in lined dress. I used her tip when I did my sheath dress and it worked great!

No Pattern Used 05-2012