Pattern Reviews> Other> Online Pattern (Petticoat)

Reviewed by:didda

About diddastar
Member since: 3/17/07

Posted on:2/22/08 12:49 PM
Last Updated:2/22/08 12:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Jeffer said... (12/16/08 10:00 AM) Reply
Very pretty petticoat! Thanks so much for the link/instructions. I am currently sewing a very full vintage skirt and was looking for a petticoat pattern to fill it out. Terrific job. I love the hem but I cannot imagine binding/sewing the ribbon around a hem that large. In my case, I might just finish the hem with my serger and a rolled hem although I don't know if that would work with netting or tulle. It wouldn't be as pretty at the hem as your ribbon is though.
CyberNewt said... (4/23/08 11:43 PM) Reply
I love your petticoat! It is beautiful! :)
Larkin said... (2/24/08 0:16 AM) Reply
The combination of your dress and the crinoline is something that it's impossible to imagine you could get in RTW. Absolutely fabulous!
Athene said... (2/23/08 10:10 PM) Reply
your petticoat is fantastic. Thank you for the link for instructions. I made myself a copy of those instructions and your review so that I could make my daughter a petticoat. It sounds like a lot of tediuous work but I still really want to make one.
Huldra said... (2/23/08 6:59 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern, I have been curious about it. It sounds like it's as much work as I thought it would be. Crashnquilt, the elastic thread sounds like a good idea!
OP Gal said... (2/22/08 9:45 PM) Reply
Your petticoat is gorgeous. I love the bound ribbon edge. I made one of these for my DIL several years ago and swore that no one should have to make more than one of these in a lifetime. I swear I spent several lifetimes gathering that netting by hand.
Nancy Anne said... (2/22/08 5:08 PM) Reply
I love older designs like this! Yours is almost too pretty to hide under a skirt! After your review, though, it does make you wonder how her mother made one in 3 hours!
Mufffet said... (2/22/08 5:05 PM) Reply
WOW..good work!
washer_woman said... (2/22/08 4:57 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Thank you for sharing a review on these instructions!
crashnquilt said... (2/22/08 2:22 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job. If ever you need to do gathering of that magnitude again, you may want to consider using elastic thread. Using a cording foot, you can zigzag it on, stretching as you sew. When you're done, poof you have your gathers. If it gathers up too much, just give the elastic thread a snip in a few places.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/22/08 2:05 PM) Reply
What a lovely bit of nostalgia, and so perfectly executed! Any chance we're going to see you in that 50's dress with the crinoline in its full glory? I'm hopeful. -Lily

Decades of Style 3009