Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants
In this video, you learn how to:
  • Use some of the basic tools
  • Choose fabric
  • Use patterns
  • Measure yourself for patterns
  • Trace and cut out the pattern
  • Lay out and cut out the pattern from fabric
  • Stitch together and press your skirt
You'll also learn about sewing machine features and pattern language and symbols.

Let Deepika demystify the process of sewing for you! Take this class!

Complete List of Videos

1. Introduction and Tools
  2. Fabric Types
  3. What the Information on the Pattern Envelope Means
  4. Types of Patterns and What the Markings Mean
  5. Taking Body Measurements
  6. Tracing the Patterns and Understanding Markings
  7. Preparing the Fabric, Laying Out the Pattern Pieces, and Cutting Out the Fabric
  8. Getting to Know your Sewing Machine
  9. Sewing the Skirt
">Sewing Basics Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3692 (Built By Wendy Tunics & Dress)

Reviewed by:sb1280

About sb1280star
VA USA
Member since: 8/1/07
Posted on:2/23/08 0:42 AM
Last Updated:2/23/08 1:01 AM

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
LucyMJ said... (11/26/13 0:47 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern from a second hand store - it was unused. I am so happy to find review for it still. Thank you for a very informative review!!!
Larkin said... (2/25/08 2:21 AM) Reply
Really cute and great advise! I usually look past this pattern, but I like the way you made it up!
myrooks said... (2/23/08 11:49 AM) Reply
Hey great job and I love the color. I have not worked with knits and would like to maybe I should try with this pattern? Thanks for the warning on the sizing! I have had that problem too with BBW stuff.
jaeng said... (2/23/08 10:39 AM) Reply
Your version of this pattern is fantastic, love the color.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/23/08 10:10 AM) Reply
Excellent first review, with humor, that highlights your innate sense of color, fit and 3-d vision. You've elevated this simple top to a stylish piece. Congrats on your knit success, and I look forward to seeing many more of your creations. -Lily
LisaAnn said... (2/23/08 9:57 AM) Reply
Cute top, it looks really good on you! If you have trouble sewing knits, get a walking foot for your machine. It makes sewing knits pure bliss!
Sic said... (2/23/08 8:12 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review with all of your alterations! I have never really cared for this pattern because loose fitting is also not flattering to my body shape. But, I love your slimmer version!
cindy-lou said... (2/23/08 7:49 AM) Reply
I LOVE your 'little on the trendy side' tee! Great look, and agre with your summer plan. I lOVE loose tunic tees on a Saturday morning!
Karla Kizer said... (2/23/08 6:40 AM) Reply
Your slimmed-down version is wonderful, and your downsizing tips are great. This is a shirt I would wear, unlike the views on the pattern envelope. Glad you stuck with it, and told us about it.
Athene said... (2/23/08 4:55 AM) Reply
thanks for the sizing tip. The color and style of this top is really beautiful on you. I think the fit is really great. In the picture the sleeves look fine. You can always try altering the sleeves a bit for the closer fit next time you make it.
KathleenS said... (2/23/08 3:29 AM) Reply
It looks very cute and it looks like the fit across the shoulders is correct now. Thanks for the warning about the size, and thanks for alerting me to this pattern - I really like the unusual yoke detail.
SarahSM said... (2/23/08 0:53 AM) Reply
Your version of this top looks very cute... I made the mistake of following the recommended sizing on the envelope, and you're exactly right---it's gargantuan if you make it as sized. Great job making this work for you! And a very helpful review...

by: Tinyloop