Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8129 (Easy Options Skirt)

Reviewed by:ryan's mom

About ryan's momstarstarstar
Member since: 11/30/04
Posted on:2/23/08 4:58 PM
Last Updated:2/23/08 4:58 PM

CharityAK said... (2/24/08 10:01 AM) Reply
Duct tape? I'm intrigued. I love the shape of your skirt. Very clean and contemporary. You look fantastic and this is a great review.
maidathome said... (2/24/08 9:23 AM) Reply
Great looking skirt!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/24/08 5:28 AM) Reply
Aha, here's the skirt I've been waiting for! It does fit you like a dream and I can't thank you enough for sharing your secret in the form of Jean Haas. I love your innovation in seeing the skirt you wanted in the top part of a skirt pattern. As always, you look lovely in your new creation. -Lily
2BSewing said... (2/23/08 9:47 PM) Reply
That's a great looking skirt you've made.
Annette1 said... (2/23/08 6:39 PM) Reply
Gee, do you think you could look just a LITTLE better in this skirt? I didn't think so. :o) I can see why this is a TNT. It's FABULOUS on you and, yes, even WITH the top tucked in. I like it better with the top untucked, but I really do think you could wear it either way. Those long legs don't hurt matters any. I think it'd also be super cute with the top tucked in, a hip belt of sorts worn at a slight angle over one hip, if you know what I mean, your tights, and an open jacket over it all. What do you think of them apples? As a matter of fact, you might even like the top tucked in by itself with just the hip belt, because the belt should draw the eye downward, making your waist appear longer. Gee, I'm just full of advice today, aren't I? Great review and skirt!
solosmocker said... (2/23/08 6:05 PM) Reply
Excellent review and you wear this your way very well.
Karen6790 said... (2/23/08 5:35 PM) Reply
If I looked that good in a mini I'd cut the skirt off above the godets, too. I'm with you on the tucking-in issue, it just doesn't work well on the shorter waisted (and heaven help you if short legs are added to the mix!). Great skirt.
Heatherrique said... (2/23/08 5:14 PM) Reply
Ryansmom, short-waisted or not, you are one gorgeous lady inside and out! You can wear anything well! I empathize with you, but I am a tad more short-waisted than you and fortunately my sister and my daughter have better proportioned torsos! I have trouble finding RTW that fits due to my frame But more importantly, you create clothing that fits so wonderfullly and you're an inspiration. I am looking forward to your future reviews! Great looking skirt that shows your model legs! ;-}

Pants Sewing DVD