Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 93337-1000 (Skirt)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:2/23/08 6:47 PM
Last Updated:3/2/08 1:06 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Toffy said... (5/2/08 3:40 PM) Reply
Good job. Great Fit. Intermediate is around the corner.
Annette1 said... (3/9/08 4:51 AM) Reply
Great idea, making a skirt from a favorite pants pattern. I've mulled that one over myself, but then I think, would I actually WEAR the skirt? Ha! It's doubtful, but if I looked as nice as you do in yours, then by all means!
carolynw said... (3/2/08 9:12 AM) Reply
This looks like a skirt you would find in haute couture. Well done!!
LindsayT said... (3/2/08 7:18 AM) Reply
Love the fabric; makes it stunning.
KaraKai said... (2/28/08 5:22 PM) Reply
How neat! I have this same style skirt with the exact same fabric! Of course I love it! lol
cabinbaby said... (2/25/08 4:40 PM) Reply
Lily, Lucky for me, it only took one shot to get this right. I used the Jalie pants and a couple of skirts that I had made before. I pondered over it for a day or two with all the pieces just hung up here and there until it all seemed to click. I don't think I'll ever match your drafting prowess though.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/25/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Yay! Brava! Your first pattern draft. And was it a success the first time you set pencil to paper? Or did you have to go back to the drawing board a few times? Were you afraid to begin? I'd love to know, b/c this is how I drafted my first - with great trepidation. Your skirt is beautiful, by the way, and I love the bolder pattern you chose for your lower body which is very figure flattering. -Lily
cabinbaby said... (2/24/08 10:40 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the kind comments. :) I want to get the Wardobe Contest done before I upgrade my skills. I am getting the hang of altering things so they fit me and I want to get really good at that before I change to intermediate. People with intermediate skills really seem like they know what they are doing and I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. lol. Becky W, you really should try Jalie pants, they're great.
BeckyW said... (2/24/08 7:03 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt. It makes me want to try a pair of these pants. I have never found a pants pattern to please me.
Luckylibbet said... (2/24/08 2:32 PM) Reply
Definitely time for a promotion. Love, love, love that fabric. And using a TNT pattern to draft a skirt certainly produced a terrific fit. Way to go!
EveS said... (2/24/08 2:03 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt and great drafting idea! I just love that fabric, too! Yup, go for the promotion! (But I, too, have set actual goals for myself that I must achieve so I appreciate where you're coming from.)
jhansby said... (2/24/08 11:56 AM) Reply
Very cute! Love the location of the rise on this pattern...I'll have to add it to my collection.
Fabricgurl said... (2/24/08 10:57 AM) Reply
Your skirt is very nice and yes, it's time for an upgrade.
ITAdmin said... (2/24/08 9:07 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt and great fabric.
Peggy L said... (2/24/08 6:42 AM) Reply
Great fit! Yes, time to upgrade your rating.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (2/23/08 11:18 PM) Reply
I want your wardrobe (and your figure)! Love the fabric. That was a great idea to draft a skirt from a pants pattern.
GorgeousFabrics said... (2/23/08 9:23 PM) Reply
Love it! That skirt is über cute!
goodworks1 said... (2/23/08 9:20 PM) Reply
That fits perfectly! Wonderful job!
TwilaO said... (2/23/08 8:38 PM) Reply
That is such a cool skirt! Love it! Good job.
Heatherrique said... (2/23/08 8:26 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt!
EleanorSews said... (2/23/08 7:41 PM) Reply
Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment! It looks and fits so nicely. I guess you now have a TNT A-line skirt. Just think what you can do now... The top of the skirt can become the contour waist and you can add a gathered or pleated skirt to that.... oh so many options now that the fit is perfect.

by: HawkeMorni...