Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Member since: 9/7/03
Posted on:2/29/08 5:49 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Larkin said... (3/1/08 2:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for sharing you pre-sewing jitters with us. I would have been concerned about keeping a knit under control on this pattern but you've eased my fears. And, you look beautiful in your dress!
Sewingmi said... (3/1/08 12:58 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress, and I love the fabric.
yummymummy38 said... (3/1/08 7:33 AM) Reply
thanks for posting Oziroo, I also liked this in the magazine and with your hints will tackle it one of these days. I'll probably need much the same alterations for my rectangular form. Interesting seaming, yet you've shown it to be quite a wearable dress
Oziroo said... (2/29/08 11:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone. Yes, you are right, Schnauzer, I have been somewhat absent: lazy would be a more accurate assessment. I seem to have made a lot of t-shirts lately! ALY, My fabric is a knit with about 30-40% stretch. That's why I didn't need a zip. Yippee!
ALY said... (2/29/08 8:23 PM) Reply
I also admired this dress when it first appeared in Burda WOF. It looks great on you. Was your Panne velvet a knit or a woven? I have seen both types and wondered which one was the best choice for this dress.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/29/08 5:31 PM) Reply
Stunning dress, Oziroo. I think the diagonal swirly seams are most flattering on you and add visual curves to your slim shape that you wear beautifully. I would have thought it difficult to adapt the swirly seams to a rectangular shape, but your plan to straighten the overall shape at the side seams was brilliantly straightforward. A lesson to me that 'less cogitation is more effective.' Pretty, pretty dress. -Lily
KathleenS said... (2/29/08 3:58 PM) Reply
Your dress looks lovely and fits really well too. It also looks just like the pattern envelope, which says good things about the drafting. I've been put off this pattern by all the darts and seams but maybe I should reconsider.
Schnauzer said... (2/29/08 3:28 PM) Reply
Lovely dress Oziroo! I haven't seen you here for a while so welcome back, I love your reviews.
LindsayT said... (2/29/08 9:26 AM) Reply
Very stylish on you. Nice work!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/29/08 8:29 AM) Reply
Great hints in your review--I, too, sometimes try to go my own way and not follow instructions and later regret it. However, your wonderful flouncey hem looks great. You made the dress fit you so well, too. Lovely color, as well.
Flying Seamstress said... (2/29/08 8:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and it looks wonderful on you! I have this pattern and fabric (panne velvet) and now can't wait to get started on it. Thank you for the great review!
Karen8320 said... (2/29/08 6:53 AM) Reply
Oziroo, I'm so glad you've sewn this because I have had my eye on this pattern for a while. I had been waiting for someone to post a review before I did anything further. Your finished dress looks really flattering on you and the design changes you made have worked well. Good job!

Burda 7149

by: avril jane

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Checkbook Cover Paper Pattern