Pattern Reviews> LaFred> Phoebe Tee (Phoebe Tee)

Reviewed by:IsadoraH

About IsadoraH
Member since: 2/23/05

Posted on:2/24/08 4:18 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Janbee said... (8/30/10 3:51 PM) Reply
I have made this pattern up in t-shirt knit and dressier slinky knit fabrics. It is a staple in my pattarn box--one I use over and over. I LOVE IT!!
SewTwin said... (3/12/08 2:24 AM) Reply
My eyes looked like those google-eye glasses!This top is better than RTW, it is definitely "Designer Stylin"!This print will disguise any buddhism, cause they will be "green" with envy..I have not put my pic on my few reviews, either..I did read a tip on Yahoo for the best pics of yourself to hold your head high, and extending your head out,with a smile with one foot forward..I am going to try them all next pic..With this design/colors it could go from formal to casual with access's/shoes..Great Job!!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/25/08 5:50 PM) Reply
Isadora, I recommend you believe Annette. She WILL eventually guilt you into; this woman is an Amazon warrier when she turns her gaze on you! BTW, it seems a crime to call this beautiful top a T as the fabric is so stunning! Make many more, and we'll be seeing your photo soon (I do hope, too). -Lily
Annette1 said... (2/25/08 2:26 AM) Reply
Wow, such UNIQUE fabric, it really is a "high style" T. Doesn't look like a T at all, in fact. :o) I know just how you feel about posting a picture with (gulp) YOU in it, as I felt the same way when I started doing reviews. Don't worry, though, we'll eventually GUILT you into it. :o) I know it's going to look lovely on you, too. How could it not?
IsadoraH said... (2/25/08 2:16 AM) Reply
Hi j222b - this is actually the first tee that I've made so I don't have any comparison pieces to draw on - until now I've been a bit of a Target girl with the odd bargain from The Rack. However I really wanted something less casual that I could wear to work that would feel comfortable and look smart. For some reason I've never considered tee's for work but I think this just might change my mind and give me some more options. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with comparisons.
j222b said... (2/24/08 9:53 PM) Reply
I love your T!! I'm curious: have you sewn other Ts and did you find LaFred T better than the other ones? and in what way was it better or worse? fit, directions etc..2.25.08 Thanks for the reply, IsadoraH-I am amazed this is your first T, it's lovely (pattern choice, fabric choice and sewing skills-an A+ for all)...
Peggy L said... (2/24/08 9:22 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
carolynw said... (2/24/08 6:50 PM) Reply
Your tee is absolutely gorgeous - I am in love with the fabric!!

Understanding Wool Fabrics