Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5335 (coordinates)

Reviewed by:jlg

About jlgstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/03
Posted on:2/24/08 7:00 PM
Last Updated:2/28/08 10:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 25 people
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates
KarmenG said... (3/19/09 4:49 AM) Reply
Love this jacket on you. Welcome Back!!! I was wondering where you'd gone! Glad you are back.
Mahler said... (3/9/08 11:21 PM) Reply
I love the piping ! Excellent work ! this is a beautiful color on you !
hongkongshopper said... (2/29/08 3:47 PM) Reply
Nice to see a review from you :) Lovely jacket - your "error" is a nice feature.
pterion said... (2/29/08 12:26 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, crafted so beautifully. Very nice to see a review from you again - you do such lovely work!
CynthiaSue said... (2/29/08 11:55 AM) Reply
Expert craftsmenship. the piping detail is wonderful. congratulations on your bound buttonholes-so much work.
carolynw said... (2/29/08 10:44 AM) Reply
Really beautiful jacket - your work is impecable - the color and necklien are very flattering for you
Beek said... (2/29/08 10:08 AM) Reply
The neckline is SO flattering on you. And the color is perfect for early Spring. Nice workwomanship!
born2bead said... (2/29/08 10:05 AM) Reply
I think the color and style looks great on you. It looks like it fits perfectly and is very professional looking!
Linda G said... (2/29/08 8:56 AM) Reply
Your jacket is lovely. I really like the fabric and the contrast trim. I have this pattern in my stash, I may have to dig it out. I have never used it although I have had the pattern for about a year.
Marji said... (2/29/08 8:42 AM) Reply
I always enjoy reading your reviews and seeing your garments. The lining and contrast piping are really well suited to this jacket. Nice details. BTW, I really like your Wendy Bernard Tomato too - I kept going on your flickr photos.
Liane M said... (2/29/08 8:41 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. I'm glad to see you reviewing again. I can see from your photo album exactly what you've been up to!! Your sweaters are gorgeous too.
HeyJane said... (2/29/08 8:41 AM) Reply
Oh that collar is beautiful, and the fit is so perfect. Thanks for reviewing. :)
SewKnitYKnot said... (2/29/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket and it looks great on you! I have almost bought this pattern a few times...maybe next time I will. I love the details you put into your jacket.
CrisB said... (2/29/08 7:22 AM) Reply
I really like your jacket and it is nice to see you back reviewing.
VtMartha said... (2/29/08 6:36 AM) Reply
How nice to see one of your reviews again - and a gorgeous jacket, to boot! I can see you've been busy with your knitting needles, turning out some beautiful sweaters.
Sew4Fun said... (2/29/08 5:05 AM) Reply
Hey welcome back! Nice jacket! I really like the piping on the collar. I've missed seeing your photos and reviews.
Sigrid. said... (2/29/08 3:05 AM) Reply
The jacket looks very good on you, the piping and lining are perfect!
Em's Summer said... (2/29/08 2:30 AM) Reply
What a great jacket! It turned out beautifully!
Nancywin said... (2/29/08 1:47 AM) Reply
I really like the collar on this. It looks like you got a great fit.
JenniferBee said... (2/29/08 1:47 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket, I especially like the contrast facings and piping. The neckline is also very flattering on you.
JMarie1962 said... (2/29/08 1:40 AM) Reply
You do amazing work and everything you've made looks fantastic on you (I peeked at the rest of your items, including knits). I love the bound buttonholes and the novelty trim, which really makes this jacket stand out. Great review - thank you!
lmg said... (2/28/08 11:33 PM) Reply
What a nice looking jacket. The piping is a great touch and best of all I am happy to see you posting again. Your projects are always inspiring.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/28/08 11:22 PM) Reply
You've made a beautiful jacket that, indeed, looks wonderful on you. I'm particularly fond of the trim you've added to the collar, and very much like the contrast facing. Excellent review, too. -Lily
jlg said... (2/28/08 10:38 PM) Reply
Sorry for pushing this to the top; I just figured out how to post in the review gallery. It has been awhile since I've been actively posting. I don't remember ever doing this before.
CarolynGM said... (2/25/08 5:25 AM) Reply
Great fit, great shape, great neckline. All in all, a perfect style for you. Good to see you reviewing again.
sewsue said... (2/25/08 0:06 AM) Reply
Great to read a review from you, I have always really admired your work. Your jacket looks great, and I think fits well. Thanks for the review.
SandraB said... (2/24/08 9:48 PM) Reply
It is great to see a review from you again. Great looking jacket. It is very becoming on you. The proportions are perfect for your small size, and the colour is flattering.
Peggy L said... (2/24/08 9:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I think it looks great on you. Nice to see you doing a review-its been awhile.
Mufffet said... (2/24/08 8:03 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket. Love the color. It does have a very nice neckline feature and look terrific on you.
Tiner W said... (2/24/08 8:00 PM) Reply
ALY said... (2/24/08 7:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful Jacket! It looks very nice on you. I really like the piping detail.
Riordan said... (2/24/08 7:10 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket! I bought this pattern for the neckline and collar, also. You have inspired me to get started on it. I'm glad to hear that you like the shaping of the back without the tab--I planned to try it without the tab, too. Thanks for all the timely information!

All About Linings