Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3041

AL USA
Posted on:5/12/03 6:01 PM
Last Updated:5/12/03 4:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts

Mini said... (5/13/03 11:40 AM) Reply
Oops. I just read the pattern description. KS 2929 has a more tapered leg and darts with a zipper closure.
Mini said... (5/13/03 11:36 AM) Reply
It looks like you found a perfect pants pattern. This is a classic example of a Kwik Sew pattern that looks much better than the unexciting illustration. Kwik Sew 2929 has a similar shirt, with darts, for plus sizes. The pants look like they have a similar construction too.
Karla Kizer said... (5/12/03 9:45 PM) Reply
Hey...wow...I bought this pattern some time ago and then wondered why. Now I know! Your pants look great, and I've been thinking about making a few camp shirts for summer....Ooooh - scrub pants. I can make a muslin out of some scrubs fabric and kill two birds with one stone! Thanks, Lisa.....
Lisa Laree said... (5/12/03 9:15 PM) Reply
No, Sherril, there are no darts in any of the sizes on the shirt. The pattern states that the finished measurement for the bust is 47 1/4" for size L and 51 1/4" for size XL. The shirt pattern has the Kwik-Sew standard 1/4" seam allowances. Regarding the pants: I don't know how much taper you're looking for; these are not obviously (to my eye, anyway) tapered pants. But, they do have seams on both sides of the leg, so you could probably taper them in a bit if you wanted! HTH!
Sherril Miller said... (5/12/03 8:56 PM) Reply
Lisa, maybe this is the pull-on pants for me? I'm still looking. Yours look great. I also like that camp shirt pattern. Does the large or x-large have a bust dart?
Teri said... (5/12/03 8:26 PM) Reply
Your pants look great. Thanks for the pictures of the pocket.
cindyann said... (5/12/03 7:55 PM) Reply
Very nice looking pocket. Thank you for the detailed review on this techinque. Attractive pants.
MaryBeth said... (5/12/03 6:54 PM) Reply
Sharp looking pants, Lisa. Your description of the pocket technique makes me think I need to buy the pattern to learn the technique. Thanks for the review.
Gigi Louis said... (5/12/03 6:09 PM) Reply
Lisa - those pants look great on you! Hey, I always make pull-ons so that they *just* make it over my hips - like you, I hate too much excess fabric at the waistline (I have my own bulk there, thank you very much). The pocket technique in this pattern is my favorite also - it's easy to do and much less bulky than the elephant-ear variety (not to mention that it doesn't flop around as much). Looks like this will be a winner for you.

Kwik Sew 3756