Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2791 (Figure Skating Dress)

Reviewed by:CaraSkates

About CaraSkatesstar
USA
Member since: 8/25/05
Posted on:2/25/08 2:06 PM

See other patterns in this category: Costumes    Activewear
Skittl1321 said... (4/17/08 2:21 PM) Reply
Looks lovely! Thanks for the review!
JEF said... (2/26/08 10:45 PM) Reply
Congratulations on passing!!
CaraSkates said... (2/26/08 10:25 PM) Reply
JEF, it fits fairly well, and I definatly have curves! I will probably made a smaller size around overall next time but this does fit (if not perfectly). Most skating dresses are not cut super curvy, if the length of the garmet is right and the fabric stretch is appropriate it should fit properly anyway, at least in my experience. Luckylibbet - I am still a teen so compete the standerd track. I just tested Preliminary FS and Juvenile MIF today and passed both.
Luckylibbet said... (2/26/08 12:07 PM) Reply
Terrific color on you - what a cute dress. I too hope the beautiful dress contributes to your success on the ice! BTW - at what level do you skate? My DD quit at Intermediate, but I still love to follow the sport.
KKat said... (2/26/08 6:47 AM) Reply
Cara, Gorgeous Color, beautiful dress, and I agree that Jalie patterns tend to run just a wee bit small for the listed size.
JEF said... (2/26/08 1:14 AM) Reply
What a beautiful color! Thank you for your kind comment about my daughter's dress. It's wonderful to see this made up for an adult - still a great pattern. Can I ask... Did you have to alter the pattern at all for your curves or did the Jalie pattern account for that appropriately in an adult size?
ColorMeHome said... (2/26/08 0:11 AM) Reply
Very cute! I hope you won your competition! You make me want to skate again!
KathleenS said... (2/25/08 4:28 PM) Reply
Very nice. It's not something I'll ever need to sew, but you did a good job. The colour is very nice too.

Sewing Workshop L2 Bag Pattern