Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2989 (Island Pants)

Reviewed by:Marji

About Marjistarstarstarstar
MO USA
Member since: 9/19/06
Posted on:2/25/08 2:10 PM
Last Updated:2/25/08 2:10 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
SewVeryTall said... (3/1/08 9:34 AM) Reply
What a great pair of lounge pants! Your modification is genius, and 100% improvement...not only in looks, but in wearability. Beautiful and flowing :)
Kellie R. said... (2/26/08 7:54 AM) Reply
I really like these Marji! Your waist modification was a good idea. They look great on you!!! Did you bring the warm weather with you? LOL
Huldra said... (2/26/08 7:12 AM) Reply
I made a pair of pants like these as a teenager. I wore them to death. I wore them out and about town too! lol As I recall they were faily comfortable...
LauraLo said... (2/26/08 2:54 AM) Reply
So cute and so comfy, they must feel like a seabreeze against the skin! I have a pair of these pants (we call them Thai pants), in a heavier linen, and they are the best there is on a hot summer day.
j222b said... (2/25/08 10:34 PM) Reply
They're cute, just thinking out-loud here, I wonder if they'd be more flattering & do your figure more justice if they were cropped a bit?http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml;jsessionid=W2J4EFHCZ5NTSCQAAKHBADA?itemId=prod48230049&parentId=cat000727&index=558&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat000111cat000727
lilyofthevalley said... (2/25/08 10:18 PM) Reply
I remember these well from the 70's and you couldn't climb stairs (or do much else) in them then, too. But they always looked so dreamy, and yours do, too. Changing them to elastic waist wrap pants was a perfect compromise and you'll be comfy, pretty in your at-home evening parties. -Lily
Celeste said... (2/25/08 10:12 PM) Reply
I think they would hang better with a drapey rayon or maybe slinky type knit??
CharityAK said... (2/25/08 9:03 PM) Reply
One of my sewing students just bought this pattern. I will have to bring this review to her attention before she begins. Thanks so much!
AnneM said... (2/25/08 8:42 PM) Reply
Interesting. I particularly like your parting thought about a cool pair of pants to cover with (I'm a fan of that in the summer sun, being light skinned). P.S. I think I agree with you; the tie on the white pair just doesn't work well for you.
CarolynGM said... (2/25/08 7:46 PM) Reply
Very snazzy looking.
Peggy L said... (2/25/08 7:18 PM) Reply
I remember these type of pants from a long time ago. Great for the dock or pool.
MissCelie said... (2/25/08 5:33 PM) Reply
Great modfication. Quite frankly, it beats the ratty t-shirt I use to cover up with on the beach. Plus, they are pretty and comfortable looking.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2005-101B