Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3751 (Misses top)

Reviewed by:maidathome

About maidathomestar
Member since: 2/23/07
Posted on:2/25/08 8:16 PM
Last Updated:2/25/08 8:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
Christas said... (1/22/09 12:43 PM) Reply
Great review! You have a great sense of humor. I love the top.... men possibly aren't the best judges of fashion!
Hilary said... (5/12/08 12:08 PM) Reply
CUTE!! I LOVE your top! Wonderful changes you made-I hope you decide to wear it :o) despite some opinions-lol.
washer_woman said... (4/2/08 7:32 PM) Reply
What a cute top! I really like the button detail on the neckband!
elanor said... (3/9/08 9:25 AM) Reply
DUDE! I had to go check my inspiration wall. I have the same picture from lucky and I have this same pattern. You did a brilliant job of bending that simplicity pattern to your will. Yeah you! I don't know how you feel about the new high waisted look, but I am thinking all this would look rad tucked in to something that hit just below the rib cage. Bravo!
sewnini said... (2/26/08 12:05 PM) Reply
I have this pattern as I was going to try to copy a top from the spring/08 runway. But yours looks better than that one, so if you don't mind I want to base my design on your lovely top. love the band/button detail you added.
Stephenie said... (2/26/08 10:44 AM) Reply
I love what you've done with this pattern. A very stylish and beautiful top!!
Littlehuntingcreek said... (2/26/08 8:56 AM) Reply
I love it - I am so going to steal your idea for the front neckband :)
lilyofthevalley said... (2/26/08 5:58 AM) Reply
Very funny review! I couldn't stop laughing. But, you're wrong. The top/shirt is gorgeous and perfect in the baby blue crinkle. Can't tell you how much I love what you've done with the neckband which elevates a cute top to a designer blouse. Brown belt to pop your neckband button would be a stylish alternative. Do wear this; you'll get compliments! -Lily
Sigrid. said... (2/26/08 3:21 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt. I'm convinced you're going to like it, with or without belt.
Athene said... (2/26/08 1:25 AM) Reply
Oh my! I'm in agreement with all the other comments. I think this is a fabulous top. I say wear it and enjoy it.
Christina Sonja said... (2/26/08 0:33 AM) Reply
I like the button you added. Do try it with a belt because this is a great top!
Vintage Joan said... (2/25/08 11:36 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous, gorgeous (did I mention gorgeous?), classy, and very trendy. Since you're only pattern size 10 I'm sure you pull this look off beautifully, but if it's not as flattering as you like, the belt will probably do the trick. I'm biting my tongue hard and saying "no comment" about your husband's comment.
moushka said... (2/25/08 10:52 PM) Reply
Men think anything that doesn't have darts everywhere looks like a maternity top! Don't listen. They also have no fashion sense. The top is gorgeous, love the neckband and button; wear it proudly. You will love it this summer. If you're still not happy, I'll send you my address.....;-) Great job! Much nicer than the original Simp. pattern. I agree with the lady-like vibe part. Sue
Nancywin said... (2/25/08 8:54 PM) Reply
very pretty shirt. I would love to see a picture of it on you,
jent said... (2/25/08 8:47 PM) Reply
I think it's lovely. My husband would probably say something similar to yours - but he really has no fashion sense, so I stopped taking his comments to heart. It's a beautiful shirt!

by: yummymummy...