Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8480 (Divine Details Jacket)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
AL
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:2/27/08 7:43 PM
Last Updated:2/27/08 11:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 47 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Granen said... (10/4/08 9:40 AM) Reply
I'm convinced - I'll buy the pattern!
poppyq said... (3/27/08 10:02 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous color. I am making this one too right now. I also lengthened the sleeves, and also raised the back waist seam about 2" It looked a little low-slung on me (yes, I actually made a muslin of this one!) I am using deep blue linen/rayon and hope to post a review. Thanks for the encouragement!
rozzybabe said... (3/23/08 4:18 PM) Reply
You're obviously a great sewer! I've never attempted bound buttonholes, although I've got many books with detailed step-by-step instructions. Am I being intimidated, or would you have a suggestion as to the best technique? Would love to hear from you so that I can get another much needed sewing "challenge" under my belt!
JenniferBee said... (2/29/08 7:49 PM) Reply
Another beautiful work of art. Thank you for the informative review
Dei said... (2/28/08 10:25 PM) Reply
I always enjoy your reviews. So much good information. Love the color, all fresh and new. Thanks for the construction tips. Kudos, Girl. You create such great gear.
Mahler said... (2/28/08 8:47 PM) Reply
Superbly sewed ! Very lively color, an excellent choice for spring. You look wonderful with that jacket. I bought that pattern as well. I find it so interesting to see your interpretation of it. I was thinking about sewing it in bleu linen (middle weight) with a sand wash look. Your version is dressier. As usual you are a source of insparation.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/28/08 8:46 PM) Reply
In a word, exquisite! Gorgeous jacket!
mylittleelephant said... (2/28/08 7:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket with great fit and fabric, you look divine!
ZeldaDC said... (2/28/08 6:27 PM) Reply
Happy Happy! Looks great. Love the color and the styling.
Avril said... (2/28/08 6:23 PM) Reply
Spring, spring where are you? Thanks Erica, you did it again!
janet said... (2/28/08 3:33 PM) Reply
You go girl! Not only does your jacket look exquisite on you--the craftsmanship is impeccable! If only my tailoring turned out as well as yours!
Harriet Rogers said... (2/28/08 3:14 PM) Reply
Awesome: fabulous color, fabulous review, fabulous creation once again from you: if you ever retire the jacket, I'll be in the long line to buy it! Thanks for review.
layla said... (2/28/08 1:09 PM) Reply
What a Winner in Every Way ... Perfect !!
kim*brown said... (2/28/08 12:53 PM) Reply
You look so fresh and crisp in this color and the style fits you wonderfully. I love how detailed you are in your review on your blog too. You are just making me crave the warmer weather of spring in this jacket, for sure!! Wonderful job!
Kiro said... (2/28/08 12:50 PM) Reply
I like your jacket much better than the one on the pattern envelope. Lovely.
cmarie12 said... (2/28/08 12:26 PM) Reply
This is an absolutely beautiful jacket! Thanks for a great review!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/28/08 12:03 PM) Reply
FAB, Fabulous jacket, love all the details especially that vibrant colour !
christine A said... (2/28/08 11:42 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and am so glad I now have this wonderful review for reference!
ColorMeHome said... (2/28/08 11:27 AM) Reply
Very cute! I love it and it looks fabulous on you! The color is very in right now!
Ann Smith said... (2/28/08 11:26 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket. You took the "Divine Details" one step farther!
Marji said... (2/28/08 11:23 AM) Reply
love that sunny happy color and the extra details, like the covered buttons and the lapel button. Beautiful way to enter spring.
Jane S said... (2/28/08 11:06 AM) Reply
Erica, each garment is just better looking than the last! Wow, this is gorgeous. Color is wonderful on you and very in this season. Your distinctive details made it better than the pattern, just what personal sewing is for! Bravo.
CynthiaSue said... (2/28/08 10:46 AM) Reply
umm, correction: It looks BETTER than the pattern envelope. That was just your muse-You did something much grander. Your fit is impeccable. Gosh how do you NEVER have twisted sleeves or fit wrinkles ANYwhere. Your usual couture methods stand out and make this jacket outstanding. Let's put a price tag...hmm $3600!! :):) Michael Kors, eat your heart out!
Debbie Cook said... (2/28/08 10:25 AM) Reply
Wondeful jacket! The color is gorgeous, trendy, and perfect for you. Great construction details.
Beek said... (2/28/08 10:21 AM) Reply
WOW! Great tips. I like that one about the penny in the mitered corners. I am going to make a note on that. Also, I just purchased this pattern and yours looks fabulous, so I am very inspired to tackle it. Your bound buttonholes are perfect, the color is SO in vogue (practically every garment in the March issue of ELLE is canary yellow!) Way to go!
GoSewGirl said... (2/28/08 10:05 AM) Reply
Your jacket is just beautiful! I saw this pattern and was pondering how I would do it. I am inspired seeing how you took a *sportswear* pattern and changed the techniques to make a gorgeous tailored jacket! Your work is really impeccable and it looks great on you! It makes me want to start sewing for spring, even though we're still knee deep in snow where I live!
Physics Girl said... (2/28/08 9:30 AM) Reply
Wow: It's amazing what the right fabric and changes do to a pattern! You always pick 'em right!) At the last sale, I'd scrunched my nose up at this pattern (unlined... blah color... what details?)... Your sunny look (love the buttons, especially the one on the label!) has me thinking that maybe the pattern might be devine after all.
LindsayT said... (2/28/08 9:15 AM) Reply
I thought this pattern looked really cute and your jacket proved it. Nice!
carolynw said... (2/28/08 9:07 AM) Reply
Thisis a show stopper for sure - I love the color - looks Divine on you
cindyann said... (2/28/08 8:58 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I'm a big fan of covered buttons too!
nancy2001 said... (2/28/08 8:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and beautiful photo.
marjenann said... (2/28/08 8:18 AM) Reply
My heart is going pitter, patter! I am in love with your jacket! Annette
Fran G said... (2/28/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful, Erica! The color choice is outstanding..I had not seen this pattern before..love it!
Robbie Jo said... (2/28/08 7:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful. Well executed and it is so "you"!
Janice C. said... (2/28/08 7:40 AM) Reply
You've done it again!
yorkshire lass said... (2/28/08 7:02 AM) Reply
Perfectly gorgeous jacket and flawlessly executed as all your projects are. You look wonderful in it and such a stunning colour for spring.
Shrazzy said... (2/28/08 6:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and looks great on you--I like the top button, which I don't see on the pattern. Just bought this pattern last week and now can't wait to make it.
ryan's mom said... (2/28/08 5:41 AM) Reply
Now this is definitely a jacket style I love! Thanks for this review--I'm putting this pattern on my wish list. Your jacket looks absolutely lovely on you in that terrific color too!
LauraLo said... (2/28/08 4:40 AM) Reply
It looks gorgeous!
annsew65 said... (2/28/08 4:28 AM) Reply
Erica, A WONDERFUL tailoring project - it looks marvelous on you and from past experience with a vibrant yellow jacket, it will lift your mood every time you wear it (with deserved pride)!
Tany said... (2/28/08 3:36 AM) Reply
Yep, divine indeed! Your jacket is flaweless! As always you make the most stylish garments and you look absolutely gorgeous in them! Thank you for this very helpful review!
Annette1 said... (2/28/08 3:23 AM) Reply
So much prettier than the version on the pattern. I love the bright yellow.
Carolyndh said... (2/28/08 1:23 AM) Reply
Very elegant! I love the yellow color!
traceytherealtor said... (2/28/08 1:00 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and fabric on my cutting table. You have inspired me to get started. You have done a fabulous job on this jacket. Excellent color and workmanship. You have won the challenge(project runway)
Markie1 said... (2/28/08 0:41 AM) Reply
Oh oh oh! I love this jacket! And it is YELLOW! You look fantastic in it and well, I have to make this. Thanks for such a helpful review.
N_Vogue said... (2/28/08 0:12 AM) Reply
Erica, this jacket is stunning!! What an awesome color and the fit is on. Thanks for the review.
Lori V said... (2/27/08 11:44 PM) Reply
Great jacket and the color is beautiful. Thanks for pointing out this pattern.
Dee2 said... (2/27/08 11:33 PM) Reply
I love your jacket! You look marvelous!Could not have picked a better color to close out winter.
Dmd4106 said... (2/27/08 11:28 PM) Reply
I imagine the fabric was a dream to work . Great job and review!
lmg said... (2/27/08 11:01 PM) Reply
The colour and the buttons. WOW. A beautiful spring jacket. I thought this pattern would be a cute and you have proved it.
Em's Summer said... (2/27/08 10:47 PM) Reply
Impeccable sewing and beautiful jacket! I especially love the color--it's soo Spring!
MissCelie said... (2/27/08 10:47 PM) Reply
This color makes me want to go outside and see if the daffodils have started coming up yet! Beautiful work as always Ms. B!
Christina Sonja said... (2/27/08 10:46 PM) Reply
Great color and such thoughtful added details. Inspirational!
Kiwi Girl said... (2/27/08 10:41 PM) Reply
Now that is N-I-C-E! I love the style, the colour - WOW
crisford said... (2/27/08 10:24 PM) Reply
Great job, this looks so much better than the pattern picture. I love the details, especially the huge buttons!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/27/08 10:19 PM) Reply
Your inspirational touches to this stunning jacket have moved it into a higher echelon of style and grace. The bound buttonhole/covered button thru the lapel is unspeakably chic, and your decision to break and bias the under collar have produced a pristine rolled collar. A masterpiece. -Lily
michellep74 said... (2/27/08 10:04 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! Love the yellow!
hongkongshopper said... (2/27/08 9:36 PM) Reply
Erica, what a gorgeous jacket you have made. All the wonderful details. And thanks for all the photos! Love to see such beauty close up.
sherain said... (2/27/08 9:22 PM) Reply
Great jacket!
SansSouci572 said... (2/27/08 9:16 PM) Reply
You AND the jacket both look just like the models and clothing in all the fashion layouts for spring!
Athene said... (2/27/08 8:56 PM) Reply
Well Erica you look absolutely devine in that photo. We are all very lucky to have you on PR. Each of your reviews is like a tutorial - I don't have this pattern but I think I'm going to have to get it at the next sale in town and try to make it. Thank you for such a wonderful review.
CShelley said... (2/27/08 8:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket in such a great color!
Amy J said... (2/27/08 8:10 PM) Reply
girl you look hot! sassy too!
VtMartha said... (2/27/08 8:06 PM) Reply
Erica, this jacket is Devine!

by: SouthernSt...