Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2008-108 (Bib Front Blouse)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:2/24/09 3:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Meggie LuLu said... (3/5/09 6:25 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks FANTASTIC!! I LOVE the fabric you chose!! You look FABULOUS in your new blouse!!
Sewnsewmom said... (3/3/09 6:36 PM) Reply
The top is so cute! Pretty color too. Good job!
rosecy said... (3/1/09 10:25 AM) Reply
Great job on the blouse. It looks soooo good on you. All that work on the muslin was worth the effort. Thanks for sharing!
donna mel said... (2/26/09 7:35 PM) Reply
hey deepika, your top is so cute...and the photo corner looks remarkably familiar!
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/25/09 4:41 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse.
rsersh said... (2/25/09 2:32 PM) Reply
It's really lovely and fits great. Your notes are very helpful - thank you!
Mahler said... (2/25/09 1:36 PM) Reply
What a wonderful colour on you ! This is such a lively model. Very summery. It changes from the snow out side ;-)
renren said... (2/25/09 7:31 AM) Reply
A very sweet blouse with the added attraction of reminding you of your Costa Rican vacation everytime you wear it.
wendlesue said... (2/25/09 6:13 AM) Reply
Fabulous review. Thanks for the link to the thread about fitting. Very interesting.
Terri A said... (2/25/09 0:50 AM) Reply
Adorable!!! That fabric is to DIE for:-)
Markie1 said... (2/25/09 0:19 AM) Reply
You did it! And it is perfect.. and beautiful and you look wonderful in it. thanks so much for bringing us in on your process. BTW, I used Christina's band advise on that blouse too. Isn't PR a wonderful thing? Thank you Deepika.
kerrynw said... (2/25/09 0:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, worth the effort!
Sweetiebop said... (2/24/09 11:26 PM) Reply
Great blouse I just love that fabric.
ElsaD said... (2/24/09 11:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Your hard work paid off greatly!
Karen6790 said... (2/24/09 9:36 PM) Reply
It's adorable. So worth the wait and all the work you put into it.
Dei said... (2/24/09 9:31 PM) Reply
How absolutely so adorable!
JEF said... (2/24/09 7:36 PM) Reply
So very pretty!
Re Becca said... (2/24/09 5:44 PM) Reply
Perfect! You make it look so easy! It fits you incredibly well.
Vonnevo said... (2/24/09 5:42 PM) Reply
Deepika, your blouse is gorgeous and very stylish !!! Crinkled fabrics are a pain to work with, but comfortable to wear and the no-ironing factor is a big bonus.
Sew4Fun said... (2/24/09 5:30 PM) Reply
Very pretty! It's nice to see the final blouse after reading the WIP. I love the colour and the fabric. Crinkle cottons are one of my favourite summer fabrics because they don't need ironing. Wash, twist, dry and wear. They are a bit tricky to cut and sew though. :)
KateS said... (2/24/09 5:27 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse , looks beautiful in that fabric, great to see al your efforts paid off so well!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/24/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Lovely and feminine. Perfect buttons. I am glad your hard work paid off for you.
Christas said... (2/24/09 4:42 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks so perfect! No one would ever think you had any problems sewing it. The fit looks wonderful too.
Diane E said... (2/24/09 4:40 PM) Reply
Pretty pretty blouse and extremely helpful review. Thanks!
bluenines said... (2/24/09 4:27 PM) Reply
love the fabric, great color!
katlew03 said... (2/24/09 4:20 PM) Reply
Your blouse turned out great. It's hard to believe you had problems. You must have solved them. Love the fabric.
katlew03 said... (2/12/09 2:13 PM) Reply
Absolutely love this pattern. Are you talking about the diagonal lines in the bottom section? If so, did you stay stitch the curves before sewing the bottom and top pieces together. It looks like if you let out the seam just a little and pull up the bottom part about 1/8 of an inch and resew, it will take care of them. If you have a diagonal line, try pulling the fabric gently to see when they disappear. Often it is just a tiny adjustment. I think the blouse looks great as it is. In sewing curves, it is so easy to be off such a tiny amount that changes the fit.
KiwiWendy said... (2/11/09 8:09 PM) Reply
ohh, I really like this design, and it makes me wish I bought Burdas ... but I still have magazines with unused patterns. :-/
PsychedOnSewing said... (2/11/09 1:14 PM) Reply
Do you think the diagonal wrinkles might be partly caused by having only one sleeve on? I wondered because that's the side (the no sleeve one) that's drooping.
Re Becca said... (2/10/09 3:28 PM) Reply
Could this need an FBA?
Re Becca said... (2/5/09 9:41 AM) Reply
This is the UFO that I am working on too. I just did the front band like a normal 1 piece front band. I think that cotton voile is perfect. My fabric is a tad thin so I underlined the front bib only.
Deepika said... (3/4/08 3:14 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the suggestions regarding this fabric. Sew Creative, sewing double layers is an option but a) I dont have enough fabric and b) I am too chicken to try it. So, I think I'll take the easy way out and wear it with a camisole instead if it looks too sheer. I might even be able to wear the shirt without the cami. The print is a good camouflage.
Sew_Creative said... (3/4/08 7:18 AM) Reply
Hey Deepika, I just wanted to add my 2 cents, if you are concerned about the sheerness have you thought about making it double layer? ( what I mean is cut the pieces of the two fabrics and stitch or baste the pc's together and work them as one pc.) either with the same fabric or maybe using a solid color for a different look, and the second layer could either be another sheer or a more solid blouse fabric, I don't know the idea's are endless, then you would have a stronger top, that would be easier to wash and wear,
LindsayT said... (2/29/08 10:22 PM) Reply
The latest issue of InStyle magazine says sheer is the way to go this season, so you're right on target with this blouse.
JenniferBee said... (2/29/08 1:59 AM) Reply
Here's another thumbs up, can't wait to see the finished blouse. Love that fabric!!
Nancywin said... (2/29/08 1:51 AM) Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing your blouse. I really like this one and it is on my much-too-long to do list.
Christina Sonja said... (2/29/08 1:02 AM) Reply
I agree with everyone else, you may need to wear a camisole because of the sheerness, but this will be such a beautiful blouse.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/28/08 11:04 PM) Reply
Oh, this is going to be an extremely pretty one, Deepika. Looking forward to watching your progress. - Lily
Karen6790 said... (2/28/08 9:55 PM) Reply
I think that fabric would be perfect for this blouse. Sew4Fun's suggestions are right on as far as handling. Looking forward to seeing the result.
Deepika said... (2/28/08 9:37 PM) Reply
Oh thank you thank you. I wanted to hear this, because I am in love with this fabric :)
Sewliz said... (2/28/08 6:48 PM) Reply
Absolutely, voile should be perfect. Christina used voile!
Sew4Fun said... (2/28/08 6:15 PM) Reply
Your fabric is so pretty! While cotton voile is sheer and soft, I do think it is crisp enough for a blouse. There is also spray starch when you iron. :) The key will be the interfacing you use. You could also use two layers of fabric for the front yoke if you think you need a little extra body to support the collar. Good luck. I can't wait to see the final blouse.
mahalosu said... (2/28/08 6:02 PM) Reply
I would think this would be really pretty in a sheer fabric. That look with a cami underneath is very popular right now.

You Sew Girl Small Tote Pattern

You Sew Girl Small Tote Pattern

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-119