Pattern Reviews> Other> Duct Tape Double (Duct Tape Double)

Reviewed by:RMJ

About RMJstar
Member since: 12/14/06
Posted on:2/28/08 5:10 PM
Last Updated:2/28/08 5:12 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Fabienne301 said... (3/22/09 7:31 PM) Reply
I put mine over a spare mannequin as well. Then I stuffed batting in the spaces where it might collapse. I covered her with a grey cotton knit which came as a tube. It came out pretty good. I wish I looked better overall, but it conforms to what I actually do look like. Nice for pinning things to and seeing if they are fitting, where my problems are and such.
Pam in Virginia said... (3/6/09 5:01 PM) Reply
Hi RMJ. I just finished making my own duct tape double and it turned out a bit big. Did you have to adjust yours once you got it off? I ended up adding a couple of "darts" and overlapping the back a tiny bit - and this thing was tight when I was being taped! I also noticed how it likes to shape round instead of oval. I placed mine over an inexpensive mannequin and added a bit of stuffing. This gave me a nice stand for it and swivel-ability.
halleyscomet said... (6/16/08 8:52 AM) Reply
I hope I don't have to make another one for awhile too! It felt like someone was sitting on my chest! My poor DH was working as fast as he could because my lower back was killing me! I've got a blouse that fits me perfectly. I put it on my DTD and it fits it perfectly too. I just finished it and haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I'm looking forward to using her though.
SewTwin said... (3/18/08 5:23 PM) Reply
WOW! I may be contacting you when I do mine.Thanks for the reveiw, and especially the pics!!
Larkin said... (2/29/08 10:37 AM) Reply
I'm gearing up to do my second one after 10 years. (Hey, gravity takes its toll!) You might consider making up your sloper or maybe a knit tank as a cover. It will make pinning into Ruthless a little easier. Enjoy!
Athene said... (2/29/08 1:24 AM) Reply
Wow - DTD looks excellent.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/28/08 7:03 PM) Reply
When I saw your thumbnail in the Review Gallery, it took me aback for a moment. "Who took a photo of my DTD?" Reason returned. Excellent and tedious job. I knew I'd have trouble with my breast area, so I bought a standard dressform one size smaller than me, installed an expensive bra (sob..sob) on the dressform, stuffed the bra, lightly stuffed the DTD, and squeezed it around the dressform/bra, and taped everything together down the back. Your back looks much more pro than mine. Enjoy easier fitter on your silver twin; I couldn't do without mine. -Lily
Nancy K said... (2/28/08 5:14 PM) Reply
Looks good. Mine has problems in the breast area too. The right breast is a whole lot lower than I am. One of these days I'm going to have to redo her. I think that you will really enjoy fitting on her.

MariaDenmark 101