Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3889 (Laptop Computer Bags)

Reviewed by:lizziwhizz

About lizziwhizzstarstar
ME USA
Member since: 4/22/07
Posted on:2/29/08 9:25 PM
Last Updated:2/29/08 9:28 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories

lilyofthevalley said... (3/2/08 2:48 AM) Reply
It's wonderful when you can combine practical with beautiful, and you've done it with this laptop bag. The handle and button are the icing on the cake. And yes, brocade can be a real stinker to work with. Excellent review, too. -Lily
Larkin said... (3/1/08 7:14 PM) Reply
There's a lot that goes into a good laptop bag and it looks like you have it covered with a beautiful one! Get ready for the compliments!
Sewingmi said... (3/1/08 1:23 PM) Reply
Your computer case is beautiful! Thanks for the good tips on working with brocade - maybe I'll just avoid it for now! But, yours turned out really nice.
lizziwhizz said... (3/1/08 9:16 AM) Reply
VictoriaR--the sleeve does not have room for a cord, but some of the bag patterns have pockets for this purpose I believe.
VictoriaR said... (3/1/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful work. I bought this pattern too, only after did I realize it might not accommodate a computer electrical cord. Am I right?
Kateo said... (3/1/08 8:22 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern yesterday--thank you for such a complete review (and adding so many helpful pictures). I'm sorry it was difficult, but I really appreciate the help you've given me. Hopefully the trouble you had with your fabric will become a distant memory after you use this gorgeous bag a few times, it's very, very pretty.
Annie- oh said... (2/29/08 10:55 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous. It must make you feel wonderful to take it out. And I understand about the button - my DD's and I use buttons from my greatgrandmother's sister's button box - a lovely touch for your bag.
CynthiaSue said... (2/29/08 10:12 PM) Reply
What a very nice review. thank you! This is a great idea. I would love to make one for a friend. Yours is really lovely.
frame said... (2/29/08 9:48 PM) Reply
What a pretty laptop bag. Very clever to add the handle for your slippery fabric. I had not noticed this pattern before. Thanks for the review.

Sis Boom Devon Tunic