Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2006-133 (Men's fitted safari shirt)

Reviewed by:Blooms

About Bloomsstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 5/2/06
Posted on:3/2/08 0:22 AM
Last Updated:3/2/08 0:23 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
lilyofthevalley said... (3/4/08 0:41 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt and you've constructed it beautifully. Although it was a lot of work, you had the perfect excuse to read D. Coffin's book cover to cover. That alone would take more than a month. Love the details on this handsome shirt. -Lily
Athene said... (3/4/08 0:20 AM) Reply
This is an excellent shirt - it looks very well made and was worth the effort. You can be sure he will be asking for more shirts now. If you want to try another pattern - Burda 8471 - is one I sew from - it was recommended to me by a male menswear sewing instructor - and I get excellent results.
MissCelie said... (3/3/08 7:21 PM) Reply
I love that BWOF always puts on some mens patterns each year. Nice work. I think it looks great!
SewSewSew said... (3/3/08 6:27 AM) Reply
This looks excellent - I'm going to put it on my list to try out as I agree it is difficult to find nice mens shirts in quality cottons (that don't cost a fortune!).
Ronda Rae said... (3/2/08 5:55 AM) Reply
This looks really good. I'm admiring it for sure! I have a hard time find patterns for DH. He is actually shaped exactly like your DH so I may check out this pattern/magazine. I have been seeing so many nice things for the mags.
Elemenopeo said... (3/2/08 0:31 AM) Reply
Really nice shirt. I have this copy too and will have to dig up the pattern someday.

by: JustineSew...

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Summer Tote Paper Pattern