Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2007-106 (Cocktail Dress)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

inkstain said... (3/15/08 4:22 PM) Reply
Amazing transformation into a wonderdress from a design that looked a little weird in the mag because of the choices they made in fabric. Now I'm interested, thanks to you!
SueV said... (3/5/08 12:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful! it looks wonderful on you.
Danvillegirl said... (3/4/08 5:32 AM) Reply
Love this dress. Can't wait for you to open your blog again so I can see and read more details.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/4/08 2:27 AM) Reply
Imagination fails when pondering how you could possibly look more beautiful. Your dress is glorious! It's all been said, but it's all true. Oh, and killer shoes, too! -Lily
Karen6790 said... (3/3/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Congrats, you made that one work, and in record time. I'm glad Christian said it was beautiful, because otherwise there would have been one more reason to find him annoying. Adding this dress to the endless list . . .
trinicity said... (3/3/08 5:39 PM) Reply
you look amazing girl
edupraz said... (3/3/08 2:57 PM) Reply
Love the dress. That pattern is so cute.
Kiro said... (3/3/08 2:30 PM) Reply
Love it, love it, love it. You look smashing.
Sheila457 said... (3/3/08 2:01 PM) Reply
Fabulously pretty.
ChristineX said... (3/3/08 1:57 PM) Reply
So how come these clothes look better on you than on the models? =) That dress IS beautiful. Love it!!
Annette1 said... (3/3/08 1:48 PM) Reply
Well, what can I say, except, "FIERCE!" What a fabulous look: the high waist, the ruffled bodice, the fitted sheath, the black-and-white combination, all as strutted by The Lovely Cidell. Perfect!
AlexaNJ said... (3/3/08 12:12 PM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous! I love it!
Sally Tomato said... (3/3/08 11:23 AM) Reply
Hi Cidell, your dress is fabulous and you look simply stunning wearing it! Today I discovered that your blog is only open to invited members. Since I check your site almost daily, I would like to ask you for an invitation. Is it possible to contact you via email, in order to give you my email address? Thank you so much in advance.
Jan Flaherty said... (3/3/08 10:17 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. Now I know why I can't read your blog. I miss it, hope it's back up soon.
carolynw said... (3/3/08 8:49 AM) Reply
Cuidell you are truly an inspiration - your dress is just lovely
cindy-lou said... (3/3/08 8:44 AM) Reply
Oh my! You rock in that dress. It's gorgeous-- and one thing about Christian: he doesn't have the personality to lie about fashion. He wouldn't say 'beautiful' if he didn't mean it. Gorgeous! ...may I copy your idea with the AS silk and black? I have the same fabric combo... :)
cindyj said... (3/3/08 8:12 AM) Reply
Cidell, your dress is so much better than the Burda version. I thought theirs was ok but now I want yours! (I had a moment of panic about your blog this morning. Glad to hear it'll be up soon.)
cindyann said... (3/3/08 8:10 AM) Reply
Beautifully done and a perfect silloutte for your fabulous figure! I really MUST see that Christian story.
Sic said... (3/3/08 8:06 AM) Reply
Gorgeous - you look stunning! Thank you for the review - this was my favorite pattern in the 11/2007 issue!
Fran G said... (3/3/08 8:05 AM) Reply
This is a sharp dress on you, Cidell! The fabric choices are perfect, as is the fit! Brava!
SewVeryTall said... (3/3/08 7:44 AM) Reply
This is such a pretty dress...it really shows off your great figure...good job!
Huldra said... (3/3/08 6:44 AM) Reply
Your dress is absolutely beautiful! Would it be possible to see a back view? :)
Karen8320 said... (3/3/08 3:45 AM) Reply
Cidell, you look fabulous in everything you sew and this is no exception. This dress really is beautiful. Fantastic!
Marita Kinnula said... (3/3/08 3:03 AM) Reply
Looks very good on you and you look very good in it!!!LOL Marita
CynthiaSue said... (3/3/08 2:46 AM) Reply
daaang, I need to start doing pilates! Seriously, this is so pretty, elegant and classy. Christian was so not lying.
Modiste Madness said... (3/3/08 0:27 AM) Reply
That looks so good on you! Great job!
Nancywin said... (3/3/08 0:24 AM) Reply
Wow! Much better than the BWOF version (with or without the bra - hahaha) I was wondering what was up with your blog. Hope you get it all worked out soon.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (3/3/08 0:12 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous on you. I can't believe you made it in 2 days, you can sew almost as fast as Christian himself! Can't wait to read more on your blog when it's up and running.
Christina Sonja said... (3/2/08 11:53 PM) Reply
You rocked it! Exactly as I knew you would :)
narcissaqtpie said... (3/2/08 10:52 PM) Reply
you are amazing in that dress! I love the shape. I love Jillian - pooh Christian, my sis's gbff had a hilarious tiff with him at "the club"
gaby said... (3/2/08 10:31 PM) Reply
WOW, I must have one just like it. Like now. You look beautiful.
Vonnevo said... (3/2/08 9:40 PM) Reply
Totally gorgeous Cidell !!!
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (3/2/08 9:33 PM) Reply
I might be the only one to ask but...who's Christian?
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/2/08 9:23 PM) Reply
This is one fierce loking glam dress. Beautiful fit and construction
MelissaB in WA said... (3/2/08 9:15 PM) Reply
The dress is gorgeous - see how well you work under pressure! You go girl, you should be so proud of yourself!!!! :-)
rosannec said... (3/2/08 9:03 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, Cidell! It's beautiful on you and I agree with Carolyn about the shoulder line. I think it's balancing and helps to emphasize your natural hourglass silhouette! Now, about permission to read your blog..Send me an invite, please!
Leora said... (3/2/08 8:59 PM) Reply
You are absolutely glowing in this dress! I would fallout if someone like Christian said something I made was nice much less BEAUTIFUL! I think compliments aren't dished out too openly from designers, but he was right there looking over your finishing and details IRL. How exciting for you!
Heatherrique said... (3/2/08 8:48 PM) Reply
You're an absolute knockout in this dress (truthfully in anything!) Thanks for the review and the inspiration!
mylittleelephant said... (3/2/08 8:27 PM) Reply
Oh, this is lovely! This was one of my fab dress in this issue but I never got around to sew this and time has passed......you make me feel like sewing this again now! Love your choice of fabric and will try to remember to "underline the bodice" when I sew. Thanks for review!
Marji said... (3/2/08 8:26 PM) Reply
looking 'fierce'! It is a very flattering dress and you look wonderful in it.
Sharon M said... (3/2/08 8:24 PM) Reply
Oh Cidell! You look amazing! Or should I say fierce? Wonderful that you completed this in two days - project runway better watch out!
nancy2001 said... (3/2/08 8:16 PM) Reply
Cidell, Christian is right. You look beautiful in your dress -- it's simply perfect on you. I suggest you sew a couple of other versions for your daytime wardrobe.
CShelley said... (3/2/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Fierce!
ALY said... (3/2/08 7:48 PM) Reply
Your dress looks great on you! I really like the combination of the top in the print fabric and the bottom in the solid.
Becky Coleman said... (3/2/08 7:45 PM) Reply
Re: rhinestone buttons. (from her blog) My mother told this story about my great aunt -- so you know it goes back a ways -- but my g-aunt bought expensive rhinestone buttons & the sales clerk told her that clear nail polish would keep the stones from falling out. My frugal auntie thought at the price she paid that should have been unneccessary.
Nancy K said... (3/2/08 7:40 PM) Reply
He wasn't lying, you look great and the dress is beautiful
Riordan said... (3/2/08 7:35 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress!!!! You look lovely, and this style is perfect with your tiny waist.
Beek said... (3/2/08 7:31 PM) Reply
Your dress if absolutely gorgeous and you look like you were really strutting at that fund-raiser! I agree, Jillian was my favorite, too!
Sew Confused said... (3/2/08 7:20 PM) Reply
Cidell, you look amazing in that dress! It fits perfectly. And you are right about fit. Tim Gunn says there are two things that really make or break a look: fit and posture. That's pretty exciting about meeting Christian, but I'm not surprised he wasn't very enthusiastic about Jillian...she's the competition, after all.
SansSouci572 said... (3/2/08 7:16 PM) Reply
You are inspiring, Cidell.
Sew4Fun said... (3/2/08 7:16 PM) Reply
You look amazing in your fabulous dress!! It fits well, is flattering and very classy. Great job! No wonder you look so happy.
janismills said... (3/2/08 7:11 PM) Reply
The dress is stunning on you! You look so happy and confident.
CarolynGM said... (3/2/08 7:06 PM) Reply
What a shapely, beautifully fitted dress. I rather like the wider shoulder line as it provides a nice balance. You look just beautiful wearing your lovely dress.

by: yas1282

SewBaby Petal Jacket Pattern

SewBaby Petal Jacket Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)