Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1305 (Capri Jacket)

Reviewed by:Cathy Loves Fabric

About Cathy Loves Fabricstar
Member since: 4/16/04
Posted on:3/4/08 11:05 AM
Last Updated:3/4/08 11:08 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
BeaJay said... (12/16/11 3:22 AM) Reply
I know that this is a long time after your reveiw - but this outfit looks great. I am new to sewing and going through PR to get ideas and information. Thanks for the review. I might try to get this pattern and see if I can grade it up as well.
selvage said... (4/4/08 1:12 AM) Reply
This outfit looks terrific on you, a very high-end, professional look. Great choice of fabric, and beautiful sewing! This is one of the few TS patterns I don't have; your review makes me think it would be well worth having!
Jane S said... (3/27/08 3:11 PM) Reply
OK, I have to say it...Kathy Loves Fabric and Jane loves this jacket on you. Great choice of fabric and pattern, fits wonderfully and such a useful review.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (3/6/08 0:42 AM) Reply
Thanks everybody for all the nice comments! This sleeve alteration came from one of our other friends on PR and if I could remember who it was I sure would give her credit. The armhole did get enlarged because I graded up the side seam substantially. I also added a little to the sleeve seam. To be sure they'll match, I always measure the armhole and the sleeve cap.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/5/08 7:17 PM) Reply
Your jacket (and with the skirt, your suit) is stunningly beautiful, Cathy. You've achieved a perfit fit in every aspect and your meticulousness has paid huge dividends. I've never seen a sleeve alteration such as you've shown, and hope you don't mind if I copy it for a dear friend's fit. You look gorgeous. -Lily
Sherril Miller said... (3/5/08 5:38 PM) Reply
Kathy, I love this outfit. You do such a great job on your fit. Thanks for sharing. I have to try out this pattern now.
ColorMeHome said... (3/5/08 3:27 PM) Reply
Very nice! Your outfit looks professionally done!
GrammaSewn said... (3/5/08 1:55 PM) Reply
Like the look of this jacket very much, I also wondered how the armscye is handled.
Modiste Madness said... (3/5/08 9:00 AM) Reply
You look wonderful in you new suit. You always do such nice work and have a good eye for puttiing everything together. Interesting sleeve alteration. Do you have to make the armscye bigger also?
Tricia Plummer said... (3/5/08 0:42 AM) Reply
Cathy, thanks for the review. I really like your reviews and work and wondered where you've been, (unless, of course, I missed a review by mistake!) I have this pattern and have put off making it but after reading your review and seeing the pic I'm going to pull it out and give it a try. Thanks again.
eliz2 said... (3/4/08 11:36 PM) Reply
Cathy - great jacket and inspiring. I have wanted to try some Textile studio patterns but was also so worried at having to grade up . I also need FBA and rounded back adjustment. You've given me hope! We're about the same size and height, so I think I'll give it a go. Great job. It's looks good on you. Eliz
Nancywin said... (3/4/08 9:42 PM) Reply
Thanks for your picture of your sleeve alteration. I would have never thought of that. I have made this jacket and find that it is a great basic pattern with a lot of possibilities for design changes. I think the fabric you used looks great for this jacket. Nice job.
j222b said... (3/4/08 6:00 PM) Reply
Nice jacket & alterations, too. I like the blouse peaking out at neckline and sleeves.
MarilynB said... (3/4/08 2:16 PM) Reply
This jacket looks great on you. I really like the sleeve alteration technique, too. This is a great basic pattern.
Beek said... (3/4/08 1:50 PM) Reply
Very nicely done. You look professional and elegant.
Diane E said... (3/4/08 11:19 AM) Reply
Cathy, what a beautiful outfit! Thanks for sharing the sleeve alteration information with us.
Enid E said... (3/4/08 11:11 AM) Reply
So glad you are going to enjoy your jacket so much. It looks really nice on you!

Other 0000