Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3514 (Hannah Montana girls top/dress)

Reviewed by:mad4sewing

About mad4sewingstar
TX USA
Member since: 10/11/06
Posted on:3/4/08 5:27 PM
Last Updated:3/4/08 5:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
just an old girlie-girl said... (8/30/08 9:35 AM) Reply
i made this in gold fabric, just like the pattern picture. Spent a LOT of time wiping the needle with alchohol. I, too found the sleeve diirections confusing. The fit was a bit wide on the neck for DD's taste and not as long as in the photo. DD is short so usually things are too long. Between the fabric choice (my fault) & the crazy directions, it was a royal pain to make. Of course, now that I have some experience with it, I MIGHT try it again on some long rainy day this winter. It IS very cute when finished & I love the tie sleeves. (DD wears a tank top under it). GirlWhoGames, I just love how yours came out!
LaurenLA said... (8/3/08 7:31 PM) Reply
I wish I'd read this before attempting to make view D as well. I used the wrong fabric and had a terrible time with the neck and the sleeves. I'd recommend jersey or other knit fabric with it. But overall, I wouldn't recommend this pattern I'm chalking it up to a lesson learned.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/5/08 12:36 PM) Reply
Very beautiful model displaying her equally charming top. Sorry it was such a stinker to construct, but all's well that ends well, and this top certainly did end well. -Lily
jessika said... (3/5/08 0:35 AM) Reply
Very cute. i too like the sleeve.
chemmom said... (3/4/08 8:51 PM) Reply
Very pretty. Just something my girls would love. (But I really envy your spool holders in the background. :) !!
j222b said... (3/4/08 5:42 PM) Reply
Thanks-nice pattern, cute DD.
mad4sewing said... (3/4/08 5:34 PM) Reply
You can see two pictures of this shirt that are closer focus at http://mysite.verizon.net/restui4l/id1.html

by: mollymolly