Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6601

Posted on:3/6/08 6:42 PM
Last Updated:3/6/08 6:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
croixmom said... (5/26/10 5:18 PM) Reply
I'm fixin' to make this with a black crinkle gauze. THe long version. with sleeves. Here's my question: do you think this pattern can be adjusted for petite? There are not the normal lengthing/shortening lines in the torso part of the pattern - I'm assuming because of the pleats. rats. now I'm going to have to pretend that I'm a much better seamstress than I am, to try to make it a petite. It's SUCH a cute pattern! Any advice?
cecelia said... (3/8/08 2:41 PM) Reply
Oh Clin, this is beautiful on you, full slip or not, and good luck on your knee replacement!
janet said... (3/8/08 12:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, wonderful fit! Love your bias binding detail! Your dress looks very expensive...
ryan's mom said... (3/7/08 12:40 PM) Reply
VERY pretty! So perfect for spring too :) .
lilyofthevalley said... (3/7/08 12:25 PM) Reply
Your Happy Dress is just beautiful! Soft, feminine, and yes, extremely cheerful. I too love how you've altered the silhouette to suit your personal taste. My thoughts will be with you thru your knee replacement and therapy. -Lily
ITAdmin said... (3/7/08 11:38 AM) Reply
Looks pretty AND comfortable. It's very similar in style to my favorite Coldwater Creek dress that I "wore out" a while back. Re the knee replacement: the people I know who've had it say it's well worth everything once you've recovered.
CynthiaSue said... (3/7/08 11:22 AM) Reply
this is lovely. that yellow is so pretty-not a loud yellow but a perfect brightness without being "too much" . LOVE those swirls. good job sewing up old fabric and getting it used!
Peggy L said... (3/7/08 9:06 AM) Reply
Definitely a "happy" dress. Very spring and cheerful. Hope the knee replacement goes well - and that it doesn't change plans for the cruise.
Annette1 said... (3/7/08 0:31 AM) Reply
"Happy" is the word, all right. It cheers me up just looking at this beautiful, breezy little dress. That's a good idea, taking in the under-bust seam in lieu of the back tie. I prefer that option, in fact. I hate to hear that you have to have a stinkin' knee replacement, but I'm sure with your sunny personality, you'll just focus on when it's OVER and you're feeling so much better!
EveS said... (3/6/08 8:38 PM) Reply
Ooh, what a happy dress! Very pretty...you're making me yearn for spring!!!
CharityAK said... (3/6/08 8:36 PM) Reply
Very fun! Looks not only happy, but super comfortable. Everyone needs a dress like that!
Enid E said... (3/6/08 8:27 PM) Reply
Love your cheery, comfortable dress! !
Sewliz said... (3/6/08 8:14 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! The swirls print really caught my eye in the thumbnail pic and I love how the fabric works in the dress. We have our first daffodils blooming here in Virginia now and the color is definitely a happy one. What a nice shape the dress has, now wonder you make it again and again.
CarolynGM said... (3/6/08 7:54 PM) Reply
You look like a ray of sunshine in your Happy Dress.
kkkkaty said... (3/6/08 6:45 PM) Reply