Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6601

Posted on:3/6/08 6:42 PM
Last Updated:3/6/08 6:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
croixmom said... (5/26/10 5:18 PM) Reply
I'm fixin' to make this with a black crinkle gauze. THe long version. with sleeves. Here's my question: do you think this pattern can be adjusted for petite? There are not the normal lengthing/shortening lines in the torso part of the pattern - I'm assuming because of the pleats. rats. now I'm going to have to pretend that I'm a much better seamstress than I am, to try to make it a petite. It's SUCH a cute pattern! Any advice?
cecelia said... (3/8/08 2:41 PM) Reply
Oh Clin, this is beautiful on you, full slip or not, and good luck on your knee replacement!
janet said... (3/8/08 12:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, wonderful fit! Love your bias binding detail! Your dress looks very expensive...
ryan's mom said... (3/7/08 12:40 PM) Reply
VERY pretty! So perfect for spring too :) .
lilyofthevalley said... (3/7/08 12:25 PM) Reply
Your Happy Dress is just beautiful! Soft, feminine, and yes, extremely cheerful. I too love how you've altered the silhouette to suit your personal taste. My thoughts will be with you thru your knee replacement and therapy. -Lily
ITAdmin said... (3/7/08 11:38 AM) Reply
Looks pretty AND comfortable. It's very similar in style to my favorite Coldwater Creek dress that I "wore out" a while back. Re the knee replacement: the people I know who've had it say it's well worth everything once you've recovered.
CynthiaSue said... (3/7/08 11:22 AM) Reply
this is lovely. that yellow is so pretty-not a loud yellow but a perfect brightness without being "too much" . LOVE those swirls. good job sewing up old fabric and getting it used!
Peggy L said... (3/7/08 9:06 AM) Reply
Definitely a "happy" dress. Very spring and cheerful. Hope the knee replacement goes well - and that it doesn't change plans for the cruise.
Annette1 said... (3/7/08 0:31 AM) Reply
"Happy" is the word, all right. It cheers me up just looking at this beautiful, breezy little dress. That's a good idea, taking in the under-bust seam in lieu of the back tie. I prefer that option, in fact. I hate to hear that you have to have a stinkin' knee replacement, but I'm sure with your sunny personality, you'll just focus on when it's OVER and you're feeling so much better!
EveS said... (3/6/08 8:38 PM) Reply
Ooh, what a happy dress! Very pretty...you're making me yearn for spring!!!
CharityAK said... (3/6/08 8:36 PM) Reply
Very fun! Looks not only happy, but super comfortable. Everyone needs a dress like that!
Enid E said... (3/6/08 8:27 PM) Reply
Love your cheery, comfortable dress! !
Sewliz said... (3/6/08 8:14 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! The swirls print really caught my eye in the thumbnail pic and I love how the fabric works in the dress. We have our first daffodils blooming here in Virginia now and the color is definitely a happy one. What a nice shape the dress has, now wonder you make it again and again.
CarolynGM said... (3/6/08 7:54 PM) Reply
You look like a ray of sunshine in your Happy Dress.
kkkkaty said... (3/6/08 6:45 PM) Reply
love it, so cheery!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Islander Sewing Systems The Ultimate Kinsale Cloak Pattern