Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Design and Sew> 334 (A Poet's Shirt)

Reviewed by:kathyw

About kathywstar
Member since: 7/9/06
Posted on:3/7/08 8:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Annette1 said... (3/9/08 5:00 AM) Reply
Well, your numerous tweaks to this pattern really paid off, because it looks lovely now. I've never made this pattern, but I have made one from this line (two actually), and they both ran huge, as well. I kind of gave up on them, but I do like the designs very much, and yours has turned out beautifully.
khurtdvm said... (3/8/08 12:43 PM) Reply
Very nice results. You should definitely make it again, since you know the tweaks to make. I'm sorry that it was so frustrating.
janet said... (3/8/08 11:25 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on your shirt and you look lovely in it. Ms. Ericson definitely needs a tech writer to do her pattern instructions as they are very poor. She also needs some one to "proof" her pattern pieces. I have tried two of her patterns with less than stellar results...
Irene Q said... (3/8/08 10:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt - your perseverance paid off! I have another one of these patterns, and haven't been brave enough to try it yet.
Modiste Madness said... (3/8/08 9:34 AM) Reply
Lois Ericson's patterns are creative but not for the faint of heart. She is creative but her drafting can be a bit ambiguous at times. They always run BIG. Big star for you for sticking with it. You finished project is one to be proud of.
Mahler said... (3/8/08 8:43 AM) Reply
Nice and poetic enough to be called a poet's shirt. Good review.
carolynw said... (3/8/08 8:20 AM) Reply
Glad you didn't toss it - nice looking shirt
davin said... (3/7/08 10:57 PM) Reply
I'm still gun-shy from one of her patterns a few years back. What really galled me was when I actually phoned her in despair over ruining a gorgeous piece of fabric -- and she blithely told me, oh, yes, we did reverse those two pictures! Arghh.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/7/08 9:08 PM) Reply
Your poet's shirt is lovely, Kathy. But like you, I would have been very annoyed at the bizarre sizing and the necessary changes. I'm glad, though, that you persisted b/c you look wonderful in this pretty tencel top. -Lily

Contest Mini Wardrobe 2013

by: Margaret

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sewing Workshop Zona Jacket Pattern