Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2008-105 (Double Cuff Woven Blouse)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Aunt Gail said... (4/29/08 10:48 PM) Reply
This is SUCH an unusual Blouse pattern. BRAVO - you brave gal = for making it and sharing it with all of us. Your commentary - as always is Right on the Money - informative and fun.
Sea-my said... (4/7/08 5:40 AM) Reply
Looks great!!! Do you feel comfortable with too much sleeves?
kim*brown said... (3/28/08 9:56 AM) Reply
This is too cool! Very original and "boutique". Love it!
Modiste Madness said... (3/26/08 11:13 AM) Reply
Love your blouse!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/24/08 3:33 PM) Reply
Cidell, you, in this blouse, take my breath away! I like the small collar on your small frame and it leaves room to ogle all the smashing details below it. All your tiny fitting adjustments were well worth the effort, as your blouse fits like a custom designed glove. Smashingly lovely, Lily
Debbie Cook said... (3/24/08 8:14 AM) Reply
Definitely on the WoW factor! You did such a great job on this blouse, all the way through.
Meredith P said... (3/23/08 5:29 PM) Reply
Completely awsome blouse, and bee-you-tee-ful execution. I'm sure putting this on my "wishlist" to remind me to look at that issue. Wow! Isn't it nice to dig in to something with extreme detail sometimes?! Really great!
Deepika said... (3/23/08 11:47 AM) Reply
Wow, I can tell that this is sewing weekend for you. I love this shirt and I can see the work which went into it. I actually do love the extra long buttonholes in contrasting color thread. The fit is great too!
Karen8320 said... (3/23/08 7:01 AM) Reply
Fantastic work, Cidell! What a fabulous piece of work this is! You deserve more than a medal for working all those buttonholes. This is seriously WOW!
So So said... (3/23/08 5:06 AM) Reply
Knock out! And then I counted 30 button holes! You motivate me so much, to finish things, and finish them properly ! Thank you.
tess said... (3/23/08 4:03 AM) Reply
You look fantastic in your blouse and the work you put into it is seriously beautiful!!
Maychi said... (3/23/08 3:30 AM) Reply
Fabulous shirt!
pterion said... (3/22/08 10:18 PM) Reply
Wow, stunning blouse. So worth the effort.
EveS said... (3/22/08 10:09 PM) Reply
Omg. I think I would've hired a technical asst for this one!! That's a whole lotta work!!! Well worth it tho, as it definitely does have the WOW! Sure wish you could remember how you tricked your machine...if it comes back to you, I'd love to know.
Lori V said... (3/22/08 9:47 PM) Reply
Great looking blouse, Cidell. I really like the long buttonholes.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (3/22/08 8:59 PM) Reply
This definitely has lots of wow factor and looks fabulous on you. I still don't know if I could face doing all those buttonholes and buttons though!
PhyllisC said... (3/22/08 8:55 PM) Reply
Nobody makes me wish I was 20 years younger like you do! I love it.
Sheila457 said... (3/22/08 8:41 PM) Reply
The Blouse is FiYaH... Outstanding!
mylittleelephant said... (3/22/08 8:12 PM) Reply
This is so COOL! I personally love details of long button holes but thinking of doing them all has been putting me off from this.......oh but looking at your shirt now...... I may just have to give it a go one day. Thank you for the review!
Stephenie said... (3/22/08 8:01 PM) Reply
This is so fabulous!! Congrats on sticking with it; It definitely has WOW factor!!! Not to mention, perfect fit!
Mahogany Stylist said... (3/22/08 7:38 PM) Reply
Outstanding. Love the details on this blouse.
Sew4Fun said... (3/22/08 6:45 PM) Reply
Sensational! Anyone who sews that many buttonholes, and long ones too, is either a saint or insane. LOL! No wonder you bought a new machine. Great job getting the fit right.
OP Gal said... (3/22/08 6:31 PM) Reply
Wow factor is right. It's amazing. It's a good thing you persevered because it's a very stylish well-fitting top. Also, anybody who can produce a blouse like that as well as spell daguerreotype is beyond impressive!
Kbenco said... (3/22/08 5:38 PM) Reply
What a fabulous blouse. I love looking at other people's hard work, and your hard work makes terrific viewing. Thanks for this lovely eye- candy review.
Dei said... (3/22/08 4:43 PM) Reply
Yup, at it again Cidell...putting us all to shame. Sweet tailoring. Excellent patience.
AnneMarie60 said... (3/22/08 4:34 PM) Reply
Wow! It's over-the-top magnificent!
Athene said... (3/22/08 3:42 PM) Reply
Wow all those details make for a a very unique blouse - it looks great.
Markie1 said... (3/22/08 3:17 PM) Reply
Crikey, Cidell. You and your blouse rock so completely that it's been felt all the way here in California. 10.0 on the Richter Scale. I can say no more.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/22/08 2:56 PM) Reply
All your work paid of, it looks fabulous! I'm dying to know Shannon's collar application method - it's probably top secret tho, huh?
Karen6790 said... (3/22/08 2:34 PM) Reply
Congratulations on finishing, first of all. Second, congrats on an absolutely outstanding, gorgeous shirt. I love everything about it. Bravo.
Ann Smith said... (3/22/08 1:21 PM) Reply
Great results, fabulous shirt. I can't believe your persistence and attention to detail to make this work. Wow.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/22/08 12:26 PM) Reply
Stunning shirt, indeed a huge WOW factor. All the detail and effort sure was worth it it. Enjoy this one !!
Annette1 said... (3/22/08 12:19 PM) Reply
This is just TOO COOL, Cidell! I LOVE those cuffs, adn all those BUTTONHOLES! :O) "WOW factor" is right, and I certainly admire your PATIENCE (a little thing I can barely spell, much less muster).
Erica B. said... (3/22/08 11:51 AM) Reply
That is one fabulous shirt! The tailoring is impeccable!
LindsayT said... (3/22/08 11:51 AM) Reply
This is such an eye-catching shirt! Have you worn it to work yet?; if so, I bet everyone was bowled over by it.
SewFar said... (3/22/08 11:49 AM) Reply
Cidell, you are fearless and your blouse is utterly fab! WOW.
mahalosu said... (3/22/08 11:17 AM) Reply
I am so impressed with your skills!
CynthiaSue said... (3/22/08 11:04 AM) Reply
outcome looks really professional. the many hours and I'm sure it was many was well worth the effort.
2BSewing said... (3/22/08 11:03 AM) Reply
Your blouse fits you beautifully.
QuiltersFan said... (3/22/08 10:44 AM) Reply
Wonderful job. Blouse looks great!
Karla Kizer said... (3/22/08 10:39 AM) Reply
OMG - anything I was planning to make in the near future will look like an old Simplicity Jiffy pattern compared to this. The details are fantastic and you win a medal for bravery, too. What a great blouse!
Leora said... (3/22/08 10:38 AM) Reply
The lines of this blouse are so slimming and classy. Wonderful details!
Nancywin said... (3/22/08 10:34 AM) Reply
Once again, another great Cidell Creation! I actually like the smaller collar - it works with the blouse.
patrica said... (3/22/08 10:24 AM) Reply
Congrats, this is a stunning blouse. What a great job you did. I have looked and looked at this blouse and said to myself no too complicated, but after reading your review I would like to give it a shot.
Beek said... (3/22/08 10:22 AM) Reply
Fantastic blouse! I love all of the intricate details. It looks like it was work!
Elke said... (3/22/08 10:00 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous... definitely worth all the extra work. It looks great on you!
CarolynGM said... (3/22/08 9:42 AM) Reply
This is a real standout of a shirt. Your fitting adjustments worked great, and your buttonholes are plenty long. Well done!
Frozzy said... (3/22/08 9:41 AM) Reply
Fabulous! The design, fit, everything. Bravo!
annie11 said... (3/22/08 9:41 AM) Reply
That is stunning! You did an incredible job on the detailed construction. I'm sure that you will love wearing it.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (3/22/08 9:37 AM) Reply
The blouse is beautiful! I'm amazed at how much work you were willing to put in to a single, everyday garment. Bravo!
Riordan said... (3/22/08 9:34 AM) Reply
What a beautiful blouse!!!! Your work is impeccable, and you are so right about the serious wow factor!!!!
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (3/22/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Very nice...the collar looks especially crisp.

by: Sheseams

You Sew Girl Laptop Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl Laptop Bag Pattern

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?