Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1034 (Sandra Betzina Jeans)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
AL
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:3/10/08 8:58 PM
Last Updated:3/10/08 8:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 47 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (3/14/08 8:51 AM) Reply
Good to know about the higher waist set. These are on my list, too!
KiwiWendy said... (3/13/08 10:23 PM) Reply
great britches!
kathleen1304 said... (3/11/08 11:51 PM) Reply
Erica, That walk-away view is worth every penny you ever spent on sewing and sewing related things! Good work.
Mahler said... (3/11/08 9:32 PM) Reply
Erica, talk about perfect fit here ! Those jeans are perfect. You look super sexy with that !
Olivia Sews said... (3/11/08 7:35 PM) Reply
Great review! Sigh......I'll have to get this pattern!
Annette1 said... (3/11/08 6:32 PM) Reply
You look SO nice in these, Erica, with your long lean legs and the great fit you've achieved. I have this pattern ordered, and, with your observations about the pockets, I'm wondering if you were reading my mind as I was peering at the line drawings. :o)
sideseams said... (3/11/08 5:42 PM) Reply
Erica, your jeans look so good on you! You are such a talented seamstress.
ACB said... (3/11/08 5:38 PM) Reply
Wow, your jeans are fabulous! Such a beautiful job on the pockets. You achieved such a wonderful fit.
EveS said... (3/11/08 4:49 PM) Reply
Great jeans (and topstitching, too)!!! I love the idea of extra contouring at the waist...seems like it would work with curves nicely. Thanks for all of the helpful info, as always!
Athene said... (3/11/08 3:36 PM) Reply
As usual you look fabulous and the jeans are great. Thank you for the informative review.
Sigrid. said... (3/11/08 2:46 PM) Reply
Great pants, love your pocket topstitching.
Fabricgurl said... (3/11/08 2:08 PM) Reply
Your jeans are beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do next.
Dei said... (3/11/08 1:13 PM) Reply
Erica, what a great fit! You look so happy wearing them. A good pair of jeans will do that to you.
Dobedowawa said... (3/11/08 12:41 PM) Reply
Great jeans and great review .... as many others I have this pattern and only need to make it. Very inspiring and you confirmed some of my pattern (personal) dislikes (i.e. high pockets). But your jeans look fabulous on you .... I love your decorative detailing.
SueV said... (3/11/08 12:02 PM) Reply
thanks for sharing... this pattern is in my "q" as I'm determined to start making pants to go with all my tops. Thanks for the tip on the pockets.
Diane E said... (3/11/08 11:40 AM) Reply
Erica, you and your jeans look fabulous! I love your decorative details. Thanks for the thorough and entertaining review.
Erica B. said... (3/11/08 11:06 AM) Reply
@ LindsayT, This is my FOURTH pair of jeans I've made in the last year and a half and they hold up fine! I'm still wearing each pair.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/11/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Wow!! Stunning!!
LindsayT said... (3/11/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Great jeans. I'll be curious to see how you think they've held up after normal wear-and-tear and washing. That would be my big fear with making a pair of jeans--that they'd fall apart sooner than later or would lose their shape.
cindyann said... (3/11/08 9:06 AM) Reply
Really fabulous jeans. I love your pocket detail. I usually don't even look at SB patterns, but this looks like a great pattern.
dentalpic said... (3/11/08 7:20 AM) Reply
Thanks Erica!I have purchased this pattern and will hopefully soon begin making the capri version. I am glad to know about the waist height and maybe I can adjust it a little to be just below the waist?Sandra's patterns are great though aren't they?Your jeans look so nice on you!I always enjoy your reviews as you are an amazing seamstress!Good work!
susinok said... (3/11/08 6:29 AM) Reply
There is a Burda Jean that has that double pocket that I've been dying to try, but these jeans are bootcut instead of straight, so I'll do these instead. They look fabulous on you!
LauraLo said... (3/11/08 5:13 AM) Reply
These look absolutely great, I love them!
CynthiaSue said... (3/11/08 0:51 AM) Reply
you should really go on to Project Runway-it's not just the impeccable sewing but you really know how to fit, change proportions etc so every body part looks great. You make the body photogenic! does that make any sense? :)
lilyofthevalley said... (3/11/08 0:33 AM) Reply
These jeans are stunning, and you are stunningly beautiful in them! The pocket detail and placement are perfect, and your choice to forego topstitching all combine to create a lean, sexy, and very enticing silhouette. Thank you for your always-magnificent reviews; I so look forward to them. -Lily
PJH said... (3/10/08 11:32 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans! Thanks for the review.
Christina Sonja said... (3/10/08 11:30 PM) Reply
You make the best jeans! These are no exception.
The Sassy SEWer said... (3/10/08 10:57 PM) Reply
Great job. So fab
Meggie LuLu said... (3/10/08 10:45 PM) Reply
Those look sooo nice!!!! I love the embroidery on the pockets!!!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (3/10/08 10:41 PM) Reply
These are a great fit on you and the review is really helpful. You are producing some lovely classic garments lately.
VtMartha said... (3/10/08 10:33 PM) Reply
Great jeans! I've made her earlier jeans pattern and really liked them, un-topstitched as well.
Erica B. said... (3/10/08 10:33 PM) Reply
@ the lazy milliner, I don't see why not. You can make any necessary adjustments you need. @ Linda G, I don't really think I paid too much attention to the instructions at that point. I think I just placed them where I wanted them. @ coolobreeze, I like the style of the McCall's pattern, but I like the way these fit in the thigh better.
Lori V said... (3/10/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Great jeans, Erica and thanks for the very helpful review.
JMarie1962 said... (3/10/08 9:58 PM) Reply
You beat me to it in making these jeans, which is to my benefit ;) I picked up this pattern at the last pattern sale at JoAnn's, along with the jacket that's paired with it. They look great on you and I'm glad you mentioned the high waist, as I'm not wild about that fit. I don't have a lot of length between my 'used-to-be' waistline and the underwire of my bra so I will probably adjust mine to drop the waist. Thanks for another great review.
coolobreeze said... (3/10/08 9:56 PM) Reply
These look great, Erica. How does this pattern compare to the McCall's jean pattern you've used?
Linda G said... (3/10/08 9:54 PM) Reply
Very nice, I bought that pattern. Thanks for the review, you did a great job... and you confirmed my suspicions.... funny looking pockets...did you put the belt carriers where the pattern suggests? I thought the front ones looked really close to the center front.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (3/10/08 9:27 PM) Reply
nice jeans. Would these work for those of us small waists and bigger hips?

Self Drafted Pattern Designed after Burda 8123